Moderate Scum Hangout [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Scum Hangout

Liquid Sword
06-29-2013, 18:11
How many of you have been blasted by your liberal friends for being conservative and by your conservative friends for being liberal? There was a particularly nasty thread that was locked today that illustrated this unfortunate divide on the conservative end.

Why can't some people understand that there is a middle ground?

CitizenOfDreams
06-29-2013, 20:24
"Those who are not with us are against us."
- Vladimir Lenin; originated from the Bible.

Liquid Sword
06-30-2013, 00:07
"Those with mullets are not ones to take philosophy lessons from." - Me

Originalsin
07-01-2013, 10:02
I get that sometimes. It annoys me when I take a point of view typically ascribed to one side or the other, and whoever I'm talking to then assumes that I also think everything else associated with that side.

Jakestir
07-01-2013, 10:23
Yup if I posted all my political views on this site I would be called an Obama loving hippie big gov going to hell liberal. If I posted the same stuff on an equivalent liberal site I would be called a red neck racist gun nut.

My thought is that if I piss off craziest 10% on the right and the craziest 10% on the left I must be doing something right.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

RichardB
07-01-2013, 14:06
Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".

Fanatics are dangerous, one may learn from them but don't copy them.

Jakestir
07-01-2013, 15:06
Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".

Fanatics are dangerous, one may learn from them but don't copy them.

Nail on the head

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Rocknropes
05-18-2014, 02:54
How many of you have been blasted by your liberal friends for being conservative and by your conservative friends for being liberal? There was a particularly nasty thread that was locked today that illustrated this unfortunate divide on the conservative end.

I concur.

I often take breaks from this site because of the annoying bashing. All I ever read is conservatives attacking liberals (probably because this site is made up of mostly conservatives) and it makes conservatives look really bad. The discussion could be about something completely unrelated to politics and all of a sudden someone calls another person a "lib-tard" because they had a differeing opinion. It's aggravating.

RichardB
05-19-2014, 05:04
Many of the brainwashed amongst us could not conceive of a Liberal Gun Club.:wow:

Philosophy: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/talking/

Forum: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/

I have posted the links to remind folks that in a population of 333 million, there are many other opinions than just ours and our shooting buddies. And remember opinions change as experience teaches us.

NavyVet1959
06-10-2014, 03:27
I'm rather conservative. As in so conservative that I think the NRA is too liberal. I take a rather hardline approach to my views on the 2nd Amendment. Most gun owners have been around liberals so often that it has rubbed off on them and they are so far down that slippery slope that they cannot see the top of the slope anymore.

Sometimes, you have to take a stand on your principles.

Rocknropes
06-24-2014, 08:17
I have friends/family that are on both ends of the liberal/conservative spectrum. I respect the views of both but I can't stand when I see mindless bashing of other's views and opinions. It especially annoys me when two sides could be talking about something like cars, and all of a sudden someone is called "libtard" for liking a Mustang instead of a Camaro. It happens too often on this forum.
When I defend liberals, it's not because I am one or not. It's because I'm annoyed by the narrow-minded ignorance.

And just because someone is a liberal doesn't mean they're scared of guns and want them removed from the earth. Just like because someone is conservative doesn't mean they are racists.

/Rant

NavyVet1959
06-24-2014, 09:30
Liberals are enemies to the American way of life that many of us grew up with. I see this acceptance of liberals as part of the downfall of the country. Liberals should be persecuted and shown for the idiots that they are.

Bren
06-24-2014, 09:35

Never had that problem - I don't have liberal friends, since you can't be both liberal and my friend, and the only people who ever claimed I was liberal were the fake "libertarians" from Democratic Underground who troll the P.I. forum.

Rocknropes
06-24-2014, 09:41
Liberals are enemies to the American way of life that many of us grew up with. I see this acceptance of liberals as part of the downfall of the country. Liberals should be persecuted and shown for the idiots that they are.

wow, you weren't joking when you said you were conservative! hehe

Fred Hansen
06-24-2014, 09:55
Many of the brainwashed amongst us could not conceive of a Liberal Gun Club.:wow:

Philosophy: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/talking/

Forum: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/

I have posted the links to remind folks that in a population of 333 million, there are many other opinions than just ours and our shooting buddies. And remember opinions change as experience teaches us.If we are going to itemize the hypocrisy and/or cognitive dissonance--for which liberals are infamous--we're going to need a much larger internet. :upeyes:

RichardB
06-24-2014, 11:57
The demonization of others based on their assumed political beliefs could be funny if nobody took it seriously; regretably there are sufficient kooks with access to the internet or cable TV who believe anything they read or hear.

The members of my church and my family who are liberals are no more dis-functional than some of the folks I worked with on the Bush II election campaign. They just have a different view of the role of government in solving society's problems than I. The American experiment allow changes to government to test which systems are best for the country. That exercise continues today.

Remember, for good reasons, the greatest generation voted the Liberals in: Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower (a prairie progressive), JFK, Lyndon Johnson etc. Also this was before black folks could vote in the South. If you won't associate and talk with real people who say they are liberals your G2 about them may be wrong.

RagnarDanneskjold
07-01-2014, 01:06
This is the Bi-Chromatic rainbow of American politics. I like guns, therefore I must hate abortion. If I suggest that the government has no right to tell me what drugs I may use "alcohol good, marijuana bad!", then I must also oppose the death penalty.

Side with one party on one issue, and the other party on a separate issue? UnPossible.

RichardB
07-01-2014, 07:52
Forgive me , Father for I have sinned. It has been six months since my last confession.

Father, I voted a split ticket since 1964 and supported both saints and sinners who were candidates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app