Moderate Scum Hangout [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Scum Hangout

Liquid Sword
06-29-2013, 18:11
How many of you have been blasted by your liberal friends for being conservative and by your conservative friends for being liberal? There was a particularly nasty thread that was locked today that illustrated this unfortunate divide on the conservative end.

Why can't some people understand that there is a middle ground?

CitizenOfDreams
06-29-2013, 20:24
"Those who are not with us are against us."
- Vladimir Lenin; originated from the Bible.

Liquid Sword
06-30-2013, 00:07
"Those with mullets are not ones to take philosophy lessons from." - Me

Originalsin
07-01-2013, 10:02
I get that sometimes. It annoys me when I take a point of view typically ascribed to one side or the other, and whoever I'm talking to then assumes that I also think everything else associated with that side.

Jakestir
07-01-2013, 10:23
Yup if I posted all my political views on this site I would be called an Obama loving hippie big gov going to hell liberal. If I posted the same stuff on an equivalent liberal site I would be called a red neck racist gun nut.

My thought is that if I piss off craziest 10% on the right and the craziest 10% on the left I must be doing something right.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

RichardB
07-01-2013, 14:06
Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".

Fanatics are dangerous, one may learn from them but don't copy them.

Jakestir
07-01-2013, 15:06
Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".

Fanatics are dangerous, one may learn from them but don't copy them.

Nail on the head

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app