Would this get me in trouble with feds? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Would this get me in trouble with feds?

Jamesey
07-01-2013, 21:25
This may not even get past the moderator; I would understand completely. But here goes.

It is against the law to use any image of any President for target practice, even in jest. However, I can't recall any past US President who had his own logo, like our current one does. Does anybody know if it would be a similar offense to use the Obama logo for target practice? Perhaps it's immature to even consider it, but sometimes you just feel like venting......

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RichardB
07-04-2013, 19:07
Let us know. By now one of the agencies has seen your post.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Richardb1.jpg

jakebrake
07-04-2013, 19:10
this will end well....oh yeah.

The Fist Of Goodness
07-04-2013, 19:39
If you want to vent, set one on fire in your backyard. Shooting one at a public range is asking for trouble. I actually think there may have been a recent incident like this ( at a range) that got some publicity, but the I don't remember the specifics.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-05-2013, 21:53
We probably would not have thought too much of this as kids. Nowadays? Forget it. Look at the guy who got charged with writing anti-bank messages in chalk. Look at the recent dog shooting by the cowardly Hawthorne CA cop. You can even get these things on video and somebody will suggest you didn't see what you thought you saw.

Your concern these days is whether or not you have the resources to battle. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Choose wisely. Remember that choosing is an easier decision for the government. The rain washes away the chalk, but you're in court missing a day from work. Your dog is dead, but the chicken heart reloads.

Not saying it's impossible to beat city hall. You must however, be very prepared. Never underestimate the resources of a coward.

jbailey8
07-05-2013, 22:47
Can you say, "indefinite detention of Americans without trial or access to legal counsel"?

HKLovingIT
07-05-2013, 23:10
As your attorney I advise you to stick to zombie targets and tin cans. If you need to vent, drink a bunch and yell at the TV like other Americans.

Jamesey
07-08-2013, 18:09
Thanks for the responses. It's about what I expected. I will now put my head down and slink away in the darkness. Jamesey OUT!

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

walt cowan
07-09-2013, 13:46
don't do it but, if you do...post it on youtube.

douglasd
07-11-2013, 18:34
don't do it but, if you do...post it on youtube.

:rofl:

douglasd
07-11-2013, 18:37
Don't know if it's the same everywhere, but here in Michigan at the state-run (DNR) shooting range, you can't even use a human shaped silhouette target!

It's just not politically correct, I guess.

jfost11
07-11-2013, 18:50
As your attorney I advise you to stick to zombie targets and tin cans. If you need to vent, drink a bunch and yell at the TV like other Americans.

Or shoot the TV like Elvis. That gets expensive but you can have whatever you want on the screen with no proof afterwards.