uncel sam gives everyone a million dollars... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : uncel sam gives everyone a million dollars...

walt cowan
10-21-2013, 06:53
lets say the u.s. government gives everyone in the u.s. a million dollars, tax free. how would it work out for you and your own? the wife and i would do very in our golden years but, some in my clan...:upeyes: would be broke, dead or both in a years time. how about you?

shanny161984
10-21-2013, 07:39
Pay off all debt, invest a bunch, couple dream hunts

Glockdude1
10-21-2013, 07:48
Pay all debt, invest the rest.

:cool:

TK-421
10-21-2013, 08:02
Pay off all my debt, buy the military weapons I've been wanting, with enough ammo to last a couple years without restocking. Put some money away so I can have some interest trickling in, and then put myself through school. And I'd also put some work into my car and give it some more power.

BuckyP
10-21-2013, 08:55
Pay all debt, invest the rest.
:cool:

This, though I would add a few home improvements.

Travelin' Jack
10-21-2013, 09:25
It wouldn't buy much due to the hyperinflation that it would cause. I don't have any pre-existing debts so it wouldn't do me much good.

ked
10-24-2013, 11:38
It wouldn't buy much due to the hyperinflation that it would cause. I don't have any pre-existing debts so it wouldn't do me much good.

THIS!

if everyone had a million dollars, they wouldn't go back to work. in order to get people working (producing the things we need to survive) employeers would have to offer higher hourly rates. like maybe $30-$50 per hour! then prices would skyrocket (necessarily) and you would not be a "millionaire" anymore, because the $ wouldn't have any value. that is what all this money printing (quantitative easing) is doing to our economy.

ked:steamed:

Mad Ryan
10-24-2013, 13:47
I'd pay off my school loans and my car (only debt I have) buy a modest house here in Ashland and invest the rest.

Revvv
10-24-2013, 13:52
THIS!

if everyone had a million dollars, they wouldn't go back to work. in order to get people working (producing the things we need to survive) employeers would have to offer higher hourly rates. like maybe $30-$50 per hour! then prices would skyrocket (necessarily) and you would not be a "millionaire" anymore, because the $ wouldn't have any value. that is what all this money printing (quantitative easing) is doing to our economy.

ked:steamed:

Exactly

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Woofie
11-14-2013, 21:21
Buy a bunch of cool **** ahead of time on credit. Then pay it off with the handout. Then live in poverty for the rest of my life due to skyrocketing prices.

janice6
11-14-2013, 22:19
I couldn't force myself to apply for welfare to get the million dollars. I guess I would still be working to pay for everyone else that took it.

JimBianchi
11-14-2013, 22:34
I'd sit on it.

95% of people will be broke inside of a year.

Then I would invest in tangles like gold, silver, ammo, guns and property.

People will riot and want another million.

NMG26
11-14-2013, 22:42
I'd have to hire someone to help be invest for my retirement..........at my current age of 48! Then I'd travel with the wife and geocache the heck out of the USA!

walt cowan
11-15-2013, 09:46
I'd sit on it.

95% of people will be broke inside of a year.

Then I would invest in tangles like gold, silver, ammo, guns and property.

People will riot and want another million.

:supergrin:yes.