Would you REALLY shoot federal agents if they come for you? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Would you REALLY shoot federal agents if they come for you?

Jamesey
10-26-2013, 19:33
We've all heard the 2nd Amendment is for resisting a tyrannical government and many of us have thought (fantasized?) about what we would do if they come for our guns. This seems more likely to happen given the actions of our current administration

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

ArmoryDoc
10-29-2013, 18:01
*crickets chirping*

c01
10-29-2013, 18:22
Crickets evacuating.....

Jamesey
10-29-2013, 18:40
OK, that was obviously an incomplete post as well as an incomplete thought. Here's the rest of it:

Perhaps it won't come to a literal gun confiscation. Perhaps it'll be IRS agents coming to collect the ObamaCare "fine" you've refused to pay, or agents coming to take you to the doctor for your mandatory annual wellness check even though you feel fine. Maybe you refused to answer certain intrusive questions ("when was the last time you had sex and with whom?") on your last office visit. Or perhaps the medical premium for the coming year has doubled and you simply CAN'T PAY IT. Or some other reason that has caused you to ping on the feds' radar. Whatever the reason, 20-30 armed and armored officers are closing in on your home, car, etc., and your BS meter says there's no justifiable reason for such a show of force. What do you think you would do?

Unless I'm way off base, this is the very reason so many have collected AR's, AK's, and lots of ammo--to resist an oppressive, abusive, unconstitutionallly acting government. There have already been small scale demonstrations of police state mentallity during "emergencies" like natural disasters, manhunts for dangerous suspects (Boston bombers) and I don't think I'm stretching credibility to think that it could happen during the next 3 years (or more?) of our current administration. I have idly thought about what I would want to do versus what I could actually do if they ever came to my door. Here are my thoughts, FWIW.

I would WANT to grab what guns I have and engage the intruders as they came thru the door. The likelihood that I would survive is very low. I'd be outnumbered, outgunned, and outrained. I might take a few out before they cut me down but that's all.

If by some miracle I were to prevail, the next question becomes: WHAT NOW?? I obviously can't stay there; reinforcements will be coming soon. I could snatch some genuine assualt weapons and ammo and try to run, but to where?? I'm just John Q citizen; I don't have a safehouse somewhere else. Should I use my car? No, they know what I drive. Take one of theirs? Probably has gps tracking, and they'd notice one of their vehicles missing within minutes. I could ditch whatever vehicle I use a short distance away and casually walk away....but what about the 2-3 M4/MP5's I just procured?? That would stand out in a crowd. If only I had grabbed a black gear bag before I left!! And I still have nowhere to go, to hide!!!

This is about as far as the action movie in my mind gets. Unless I'm already part of an unorganized citizen militia group (I'm not) I would have no coherent idea of what to do next. Defending myself against 1 or 2 criminal thugs is one thing; resisting 1 or 2 dozen (or more) government thugs is quite another. As the Borg of Star Trek lore would say, Resistance is Futile....or at least it seems to be.

Assuming the administrator lets this post stand, what thoughts do any of you have?? If nothing else it could make for interesting storytelling.

Glockgeezer
10-29-2013, 18:40
What would I shoot them with? All my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident.

Joshhtn
10-29-2013, 18:44
:outtahere:

Dalton Wayne
10-29-2013, 19:24
No way, but they can't take what I don't have :dunno:

Gun Shark
10-29-2013, 19:27
OK, that was obviously an incomplete post as well as an incomplete thought. Here's the rest of it:

Perhaps it won't come to a literal gun confiscation. Perhaps it'll be IRS agents coming to collect the ObamaCare "fine" you've refused to pay, or agents coming to take you to the doctor for your mandatory annual wellness check even though you feel fine. Maybe you refused to answer certain intrusive questions ("when was the last time you had sex and with whom?") on your last office visit. Or perhaps the medical premium for the coming year has doubled and you simply CAN'T PAY IT. Or some other reason that has caused you to ping on the feds' radar. Whatever the reason, 20-30 armed and armored officers are closing in on your home, car, etc., and your BS meter says there's no justifiable reason for such a show of force. What do you think you would do?

Unless I'm way off base, this is the very reason so many have collected AR's, AK's, and lots of ammo--to resist an oppressive, abusive, unconstitutionallly acting government. There have already been small scale demonstrations of police state mentallity during "emergencies" like natural disasters, manhunts for dangerous suspects (Boston bombers) and I don't think I'm stretching credibility to think that it could happen during the next 3 years (or more?) of our current administration. I have idly thought about what I would want to do versus what I could actually do if they ever came to my door. Here are my thoughts, FWIW.

I would WANT to grab what guns I have and engage the intruders as they came thru the door. The likelihood that I would survive is very low. I'd be outnumbered, outgunned, and outrained. I might take a few out before they cut me down but that's all.

If by some miracle I were to prevail, the next question becomes: WHAT NOW?? I obviously can't stay there; reinforcements will be coming soon. I could snatch some genuine assualt weapons and ammo and try to run, but to where?? I'm just John Q citizen; I don't have a safehouse somewhere else. Should I use my car? No, they know what I drive. Take one of theirs? Probably has gps tracking, and they'd notice one of their vehicles missing within minutes. I could ditch whatever vehicle I use a short distance away and casually walk away....but what about the 2-3 M4/MP5's I just procured?? That would stand out in a crowd. If only I had grabbed a black gear bag before I left!! And I still have nowhere to go, to hide!!!

This is about as far as the action movie in my mind gets. Unless I'm already part of an unorganized citizen militia group (I'm not) I would have no coherent idea of what to do next. Defending myself against 1 or 2 criminal thugs is one thing; resisting 1 or 2 dozen (or more) government thugs is quite another. As the Borg of Star Trek lore would say, Resistance is Futile....or at least it seems to be.

Assuming the administrator lets this post stand, what thoughts do any of you have?? If nothing else it could make for interesting storytelling.

My thoughts are it's one of the stupidest questions and answers I have seen in a while.

Anyone have that "it's a trap" image?

I am also insanely surprised this thread still exists. Especially after the OP's post.

Laslo
10-29-2013, 19:47
Oh crap the NSA was able to read my post before the edit.

walt cowan
11-15-2013, 09:53
We've all heard the 2nd Amendment is for resisting a tyrannical government and many of us have thought (fantasized?) about what we would do if they come for our guns. This seems more likely to happen given the actions of our current administration

ever think about asking that question over at the du? sure would give the nsa boys something to read.

eb07
11-15-2013, 09:56
Another apex predator post.

F350
11-15-2013, 12:23
Yea, right! Like I'm going to answer that on an open forum probably monitored by every alphabet agency of the federal government.

Angry Fist
11-15-2013, 12:32
Dude, you have it all wrong. We collect these weapons to shoot little brown welfare mongers and their grubby little shoeless, diaperless offspring when the .gov finally can't pay for them anymore. :upeyes:

w9trb
11-15-2013, 12:33
ever think about asking that question over at the du? sure would give the nsa boys something to read.

DU won't even let me sign on, guess they check ID's for voting purity.

MATLOCK-G21
11-15-2013, 12:42
martial law!

Manimal
11-15-2013, 13:11
My thoughts are it's one of the stupidest questions and answers I have seen in a while.

Anyone have that "it's a trap" image?

I am also insanely surprised this thread still exists. Especially after the OP's post.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114407/3304878-7832051047-admir.jpg

walt cowan
12-10-2013, 06:34
something about a box, stick, string and bait comes to mind.

Ohio Copper
12-10-2013, 21:54
You are the reason we have the 4473...

Gun Shark
12-10-2013, 22:24

:agree:

Gun Shark
12-10-2013, 23:24
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114407/3304878-7832051047-admir.jpg

Thank you.

nmk
12-20-2013, 18:02

:supergrin:

cajun_chooter
03-18-2014, 08:09
if refuse to answer on grounds that it may incriminate me..

Laslo
03-18-2014, 09:20
if refuse to answer on grounds that it may incriminate me..

Yeah, I'll take the 5th.:supergrin:

John Rambo
03-18-2014, 15:38
By the time they got to my quiet corner of the world, they'd be too tired, too bored, or too full of holes to breach anyways. To put it bluntly, I'm just not that important.

kimo
03-18-2014, 21:30
Why would they come for me? I don't have any guns anymore after the theft.

RumRunnerII
03-18-2014, 22:08
:rofl::broccoli::brickwall:

clancy
03-19-2014, 12:57
Yeah, I'll take the 5th.:supergrin:

I would prefer to take a 5th, as long as I have access to glacier ice. ;)

fwm
03-19-2014, 13:08
Seriously, my brother once truthfully answered a question like this, and two days later was visited by 4 FBI agents. Two approaching cautiously, and two backing up from the vehicles.

Once he realized why they were there, he told them that without a warrant they were now trespassing, and they left the premises. He hasn't seen them since, but you know he's now on a list.

ETA: is the OP a DHS member trolling for new leads to add to his investigative list?

rudutchyet
03-19-2014, 13:18
I would invite them in, show them the error of their ways and part as friends

eb07
03-19-2014, 13:59
Why would I shoot myself?

Please PM me your full name and address and I will send you a private hand written letter discussing this.

Gunnut 45/454
03-20-2014, 00:38
I don't know but we may soon find out if NY and CT residents will. That is if those State Gov's get stupid an send there JBT's into peoples homes to full fill the Unconstitutional laws edicts. Stay tuned maybe the 3%ters will have to take a stand for us all! The better question is will you fight to save the Republic? Defend your rights?:supergrin: Last I understood unconstitutional laws are Void!
Haven't seen anywhere that the 2nd has been repealed? Did not SCOTUS just rule it was the law in all 50 states?

walt cowan
03-21-2014, 09:57

i wouldn't do it but, if you do...post on youtube (if u can) how it all worked out for ya.:rofl:

NavyVet1959
06-12-2014, 03:53
If the government wants to manufacture an incident for whatever reason, they will do it and I doubt that many of us have enough ammo to hold them off for very long. When the government decides to exterminate you (like they did with the Branch Davidians in order to get the Brady Bill passed), your days are numbered. We do outnumber them though, and if we stand together, we can persevere.

Bren
06-12-2014, 06:08

You seem to have an oversimplified view of using guns to resist the government. For an individual, "shooting federal agents" just means you'd be killed or never leave prison again. It is not possible to win that fight. This is the ridiculous view of the 2nd Amendment promoted as a straw man by anti-gun nuts, because it is obviously absurd and easy for them to ridicule.

On the other hand, a widespread movement acting as insurgents in opposition to a government? Iraq, Afghanistan, many, many other countries where the U.S. didn't fight, prove it is viable.

So, while "lone gunfighter of the apocalypse" is silly, childish and you end up dead on the floor of a Walmart with a bullet hole in your tinfoil hat, "freedom fighters"/insurgents/revolutionaries have proven themselves effective time and time again, all over the world - that's how the U.S. and the 2nd Amendment came to exist.

NavyVet1959
06-12-2014, 06:22
On the other hand, a widespread movement acting as insurgents in opposition to a government? Iraq, Afghanistan, many, many other countries where the U.S. didn't fight, prove it is viable.

I've noticed news reports lately on how the Taliban is gaining ground in Afghanistan as the US pulls out. I've said that they will go back to how they were for a long time now. Unless we were willing to completely exterminate every last one of them, there is no winning over there. I'm not saying that we should not have gone there, but rather that we should not have tried to fight a politically-correct "limited war". As it is, once we pull out, give them a couple of years and they'll be back where they were before we were there. The terrorists might have new leaders, but that's about it. Then again, considering the fact that O'Bozo is returning their previous leaders to them, perhaps they will still have the same leaders.