View Full Version : Vibra prime $25

kostnerave
04-01-2014, 20:59
Vibraprime on sale for $25
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/890Ö

Great tool you won't be sorry:supergrin:

M24C
04-01-2014, 21:07
No thanks, I'll just keep using my flip tray. It only takes about 30 seconds to fill any ways.

Ceapea
04-01-2014, 22:05
No thanks, I'll just keep using my flip tray. It only takes about 30 seconds to fill any ways.

Thirty seconds...
...to fill (and flip the primers) on your flip tray or to fill your primer tubes?
It takes me a lot longer than that to fill my tubes .
I have a vibraprime and it is Heaven sent!

unclebob
04-02-2014, 07:35
Would almost like to buy another one as a backup.

Boxerglocker
04-02-2014, 08:08

Yeah, Sure it does. If you could peck a primer with a tube manually at a rate of 1 ever half second, that's 50 seconds alone.
With the VP, I can fill a tube staring hands off with everything on the bench start to finish in 55 seconds.

Would almost like to buy another one as a backup.

I picked one up as a backup too... I have a feeling they may be discontinued again. They were selling for over $100 before they were re-released.

bush pilot
04-02-2014, 08:15
I have a VP and never use it. The 30 seconds it MIGHT save me isn't worth it. The extra bit of time it takes gives me a break to rest my legs and back as I stand while loading.

Murphy's Law
04-02-2014, 10:44
+1 for what bush pilot said. For, I usually fine it a good time for another cup of coffee.

Rico567
04-06-2014, 05:35
I have the earlier model of the Vibra-Prime, and wouldn't be without it. The newer one supposedly has improved features, too.

gwalchmai
04-06-2014, 06:41
I have a VP and never use it. The 30 seconds it MIGHT save me isn't worth it. The extra bit of time it takes gives me a break to rest my legs and back as I stand while loading.Same here. Cool product, but I spent more time "fluff & buffing" it than it saved me. I learned to embrace pickups as part of the experience. I usually load 7 or 8 tubes and then load 700 - 800 rounds, which is more than enough for one session for me. Especially now with the cost and availability of components.

WeeWilly
04-06-2014, 10:32
I have had a few different vibrating primer fillers. I am back to hunt and peck.

Time yourself with a flip tray and pickup method start to finish and see how it stacks up to everything else you do when reloading with a tube fed magazine style progressive.

You have a few reliable sources right on this thread on how long it takes with a Vibraprime. If the Vibraprime is going to save you enough time to justify another gadget, go for it.

You probably can't go too far wrong either way, I mean, it costs less than 1K of primers... :)

unclebob
04-13-2014, 14:31
When I was in Oklahoma City last week I picked up two bricks of large and two bricks of small Wolf pistol primers. That I wanted to try, just for practice shooting and leave my Federal for matches. So taking my time loading 5 primer tubes, the first one was loaded into the press and filled again. It took me 5 minutes and 6 seconds to load the 5 tubes using the Vibra Prime. I really donít think you can fill primer tubes with the picking method in that amount of time. Personally I like to get it over with and take a break and do something else unrelated to reloading.
I also picked up two buckets of Remington .22 bullets. Just being in the right place at the right time. $69.98 each. They also had rifle powder but no pistol powders. And no Federals. H&H shooting range. Almost wish I lived in Oklahoma.

Tailhunter
04-16-2014, 11:16
Pecking primers is a pain in the butt.

Clusterfrack
04-16-2014, 11:36
I have one, but the primers keep getting stuck sideways as they go down the hole.

Boxerglocker
04-16-2014, 12:07
I have one, but the primers keep getting stuck sideways as they go down the hole.

As you twist on the tube there is a magic sweetspot, play around with it.

Clusterfrack
04-16-2014, 12:14
As you twist on the tube there is a magic sweetspot, play around with it.

Roger that. Thanks

Bren
04-16-2014, 12:58

Same here, and my primers don't go in the tube upside down or sideways when I pick them up by hand.

unclebob
04-16-2014, 13:16
Same here, and my primers don't go in the tube upside down or sideways when I pick them up by hand.

Either does mine using the Vibra Prime. I don’t use the primer tubes that come with the Vibra prime. I use the Dillon pickup tubes, mines the plastic pickup end. I also took and using a Dermal with the bullet shaped grinding stone, and put a slight bevel on the inside of the tubes. Fill the primer tray install in the gun put the tube in the hole and hold on to primer tube. Get the primers back and on the right side of the primer tray and press the trigger. Tilt the gun to the right and very slightly down. And sometimes tilt it back up if it starts to jam. Once you get the hang of it, it is just fast and easy to use. When I first got mine also, I to was almost ready to sell it. Did the modifications on the Dillon tubes and learned in about 2 minutes how to use it. I would hate to go back to the picking method.

unclebob
04-19-2014, 09:10
Since they are still on sale. I just bought another one in case the one I have craps out. For 25.00 you canít beat it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steve Koski
04-21-2014, 18:48
I have a VP and never use it. The 30 seconds it MIGHT save me isn't worth it. The extra bit of time it takes gives me a break to rest my legs and back as I stand while loading.

That's because you're ultra fit, and enjoy the exercise. Not all of us are fit enough to chase around Asian women.