Cheapest bullet's?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest bullet's??

cosmose
04-11-2014, 22:29
Hi guys, I have recently start doing a lot of slingshot shooting and need ammo, I've been digging slugs out of the old shooting hill and have noticed they shoot very well. what's the cheapest i can get? seeing how it's for slingshot caliber or fmj vs pure lead doesn't matter (round ball would probably work better) but i have found out 180gr or heavier shoot better.

thanks for any info:)

Angry Fist
04-11-2014, 22:30
Keep digging.

cosmose
04-11-2014, 22:34
Keep digging.

:rofl:

I think i have gotten them all.......I Reaaally should have built a target stand to catch the ammo.

Angry Fist
04-11-2014, 23:09
I've killed more critters with rocks than bullets. :supergrin:

cosmose
04-11-2014, 23:15
I've killed more critters with rocks than bullets. :supergrin:

With a slingshot? I always felt like rocks were to light weight?

At least I'm shooting 45's slugs everyday now...just a different way:rofl:

WeeWilly
04-11-2014, 23:50
You can probably cast your own for about $.05 each (for 180gr), paying kind of normal prices for lead. If you can find a source for scrap lead that is any less than $2/lb, that price will come down commensurately.

The required casting equipment is pretty inexpensive.

Commercially cast lead bullets will run you about $.08/each for 180gr.

Taterhead
04-11-2014, 23:57
Sling shot? That's a new one. I guess you wouldn't have to fuss too much with bullet lube or COL. plus the powder shortages are a non-issue.

dkf
04-11-2014, 23:59
http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/buckshot-molds/18-cavity-000-buckshot-mold

Angry Fist
04-12-2014, 09:25
With a slingshot? I always felt like rocks were to light weight?

At least I'm shooting 45's slugs everyday now...just a different way:rofl:
Placement. Can't complain about ammo shortage. :supergrin:

WeeWilly
04-12-2014, 10:09
Enjoy the wrist rocket.

Where I live we have had a problem with Coyote's in the neighborhood. One stretch earlier this year when taking the dogs out for their final pee of the night I saw a couple males and what looked like a smaller female walking up the street. The dogs of course go nuts and the Coyote's are not giving ground. I finally get them corralled and back in, the drama ends. A couple of nights later, same drill.

I live in the city, so a gun as a solution wasn't going to work, I decided to buy a BB gun or slingshot, something I could scare them off with without a neighbor summoning the local constables. I went into a Big 5 looking for something that would work and the guy says, "BB/Pellet guns and slingshots are illegal here." I say, "Come on, no way?" He says, "yep, totally illegal to even own one".

Come to find out, within the city limits, it is illegal to own an air gun or sling shot. This law does conflict with state law and I am told it is usually not enforced without pretty serious cause as the city doesn't want a legal challenge, but by the letter of the law, NO SLINGSHOTS. The irony is a bow and arrow (or crossbow) is perfectly legal.

What a world.

Angry Fist
04-12-2014, 20:42
Enjoy the wrist rocket.

Where I live we have had a problem with Coyote's in the neighborhood. One stretch earlier this year when taking the dogs out for their final pee of the night I saw a couple males and what looked like a smaller female walking up the street. The dogs of course go nuts and the Coyote's are not giving ground. I finally get them corralled and back in, the drama ends. A couple of nights later, same drill.

I live in the city, so a gun as a solution wasn't going to work, I decided to buy a BB gun or slingshot, something I could scare them off with without a neighbor summoning the local constables. I went into a Big 5 looking for something that would work and the guy says, "BB/Pellet guns and slingshots are illegal here." I say, "Come on, no way?" He says, "yep, totally illegal to even own one".

Come to find out, within the city limits, it is illegal to own an air gun or sling shot. This law does conflict with state law and I am told it is usually not enforced without pretty serious cause as the city doesn't want a legal challenge, but by the letter of the law, NO SLINGSHOTS. The irony is a bow and arrow (or crossbow) is perfectly legal.

What a world.
That's insane, Willy. Like in Missouri, can being handicapped qualify one for a crossbow there?

WeeWilly
04-13-2014, 00:35
That's insane, Willy. Like in Missouri, can being handicapped qualify one for a crossbow there?

Well here, being handicapped qualifies you to park free all day at meters that get $.25 for three minutes. I was walking down one of the busier streets near where I live and in one block fully 2/3's of the cars had a handicap placard hanging from the rear view mirror. Makes sense really.

On the crossbow, no problem whatsoever, just NO SLINGSHOTS!

The inmates have gained control of the asylum, truly.