Hodgdon's CFE Pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hodgdon's CFE Pistol

JBnTX
04-14-2014, 21:41
Has anyone tried this new powder?

WeeWilly
04-15-2014, 00:04
I have not seen it in person. Sure looks good on paper.

Boxerglocker
04-15-2014, 07:23
I got 5 pounds of CFE Pistol the other week, started sorting some brass for test loads the other night. I like using sorted brass for testing it tightens up the variables. I’ll be loading Xtreme 124 RNs exclusively with this powder already ordered 5000 heads. I’m gonna start at 4.4g and see where it curves up to about 133 PF. I’m curious to see how hot it burns and how clean the loads will be. I’ll post chrono data when I get to it.

Colorado4Wheel
04-15-2014, 07:53
I知 gonna start at 4.4g and see where it curves up to about 133 PF. I知 curious to see how hot it burns and how clean the loads will be. I値l post chrono data when I get to it.

Seeing how it compares to TG?:whistling:

JBnTX
04-15-2014, 08:14
I got 5 pounds of CFE Pistol the other week, started sorting some brass for test loads the other night. I like using sorted brass for testing it tightens up the variables. I値l be loading Xtreme 124 RNs exclusively with this powder already ordered 5000 heads. I知 gonna start at 4.4g and see where it curves up to about 133 PF. I知 curious to see how hot it burns and how clean the loads will be. I値l post chrono data when I get to it.

Please do post your results.

I'm hoping that CFE Pistol might be a cleaner burning alternative to Unique?

Boxerglocker
04-15-2014, 08:19
Seeing how it compares to TG?:whistling:

Exactly C4W, the word I got was it performs exactly like TG in respect to the recoil impulse. TG is still one of my favorite powders but I really do not care for how hot it burns thus scorching brass.

Colorado4Wheel
04-15-2014, 08:28
it would be interesting to see how it does with lead. I know its not meant for that at all but it would still be interesting to see if the less heat made a difference.