GLOCK ejection flat spot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK ejection flat spot

d123gaw
04-26-2014, 18:42
My G23 makes a flat spot at the mouth of the case. Normal for Glocks I've heard. I've noticed my lighter loads have little or no flat spot. Factory and warm hand loads have a more defined flat spot.

1: What does the brass hit to make a flat spot?
2: Are there any high pressure/max load flat spot pictures out there to compare?

dkf
04-26-2014, 19:31
The brass gets ejected faster and hits harder as the load gets hotter. My newer 2009-2010 Glocks dent the brass and my 2004 Glock rarely if ever does. I can see the difference in quality between them.

It is hard to tell without a high speed camera but I figure the dents in my brass are from clipping the top of the ejection port on the side of the slide.

Steel Head
04-26-2014, 22:53
My 40S&W Glocks (1990 and 2009 vintage) never dented brass but I've scrounged a LOT of brass that did, never a problem reloading it.

FLSlim
04-27-2014, 12:07
My G23 (gen3) did and often put a dent in the middle of the case to boot. Yes, I think it is pretty common and no, it never concerned me. I resized brass and ran it again (but I'm not one to go too hot with 40 SW reloads).

Bluescot
04-28-2014, 00:33
My guess is that it might be some issue with the timing of the slide starting to come out of battery a wee bit early/late and not clearing the chamber completely before the ejector does it's work.

Sometimes if the springs have been changed out with after market springs you see that more often.

Could possibly be the RSA is off some. Really a hard one to call as Glock goes to great pains on the timing of the slide coming out of battery during the firing of the round which some believe leads to the accuracy particularly in the G30.

Hard to tell for sure, all the aboves are just a guess.