Mold for 44mag revolver and rifle? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mold for 44mag revolver and rifle?

trlcavscout
04-26-2014, 20:35
I bought the Lee 240gr SWC tumble lube mold and it works ok for just the pistol, but I am picking up a Rossi rifle next Friday. I want a traditional lube groove mold, probably 2 cavity.

The Lee one got a bur somehow on the edge of the base, I don't know how. It sticks so bad I have to beat the heck out of it to drop bullets even after smoking etc, I just learned the kroil trick last night and haven't tried yet, but yesterday I was having to hit the pivot bolt so hard to drop bullets that a screw came out and half the mold fell in the quenching bucket. Probably all my fault.

Anyways, for hunting purposes for the rifle and Ruger 7.5" SBH, what mold would work good in the 240-300gr range? Good quality.

fredj338
04-26-2014, 20:46
The 300gr lee is a good bullet, but I never figured why it has a gas check. For reliable feeding, many rifles want a truncated one or fp design for best feeding. The lot designs are good hunting bully's, wide flat points cause. Lot of tissue damage. Lots of good custom mold guys out here; 2, 3 & 4cav.