I just got reamed by Lone Wolf [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I just got reamed by Lone Wolf

DoctaGlockta
05-17-2014, 17:01
I bought a threaded barrel about a year ago for my G30sf and had trouble with my LRN reloads. Was too lazy to send back the barrel. Finally got off my duff and sent it off last Thursday with 5 of my dummy reload rounds and $38.00.

Got it back a week and a day later. Just unpackaged it and my reloads dropped right in. Have to shoot it for a double check. I have to admit I was impressed with the turn around time.

I'm not here to argue the merits of whether LW should spec their barrels like a glock barrel right off the get go. Just thought I'd report on the experience which was great from the start. In the future I'm going to send off rounds ahead of time with my order and would Rx anyone else do the same.

PCJim
05-17-2014, 19:40
Glad that LW got the solution back to you in quick time.
Of course, had you initially purchased a Sig, you wouldn't have needed the LW barrel. :rofl:

WeeWilly
05-17-2014, 23:22
I think shipping it "non throated" and offering the service for a nominal price is the right approach.

Only one of my KKM barrels came throated and that was a mistake, I think. I ordered a drop in 40 conversion barrel for one of my G20's and what came was a semi fit "gunsmith" barrel. After fitting it to my gun, I noticed it had as much freebore as my stock Glock barrel, allowing me to even load 10mm rounds using 40 cases. Every other KKM barrel I ever bought required throating to run lead reliably.

jmorris
05-18-2014, 00:20
I bought one a number of years ago from another shooter at a out of town match I attended for almost nothing. Sent it back to them and had a new one in a week.

WiskyT
05-18-2014, 06:14
Sorry, paying $38.00 to have them ream something that wasn't made right in the first place and then praising them for it is like thanking someone for giving you a golden shower. Who paid the shipping?

I ranted on Springfield Armory for not making my 1911 chamber right and I didn't spend $10.00 having a local guy chase the chamber with a finish reamer.

LWD makes junk. They initially would fix that junk for free hoping the problem would go away. The opposite happened, more people woke up and realised their barrels weren't right and demanded they be fixed. LWD "fixed" the problem by charging an obscene fee for the privilege of having their barrels be made serviceable. Raise the price, lower the demand (to get the barrels fixed).

The owner of LWD showed his true colors when he posted in hear in a lame attempt to defend his crappy product. I see the guy as nothing but a drop-shipper of overseas made junk, not a "gun guy".

Colorado4Wheel
05-18-2014, 08:18
Paying to have them fix their crap would piss me off. You now nearly paid KKM price for the POS LW barrel.

SJ 40
05-18-2014, 09:54
Sorry, paying $38.00 to have them ream something that wasn't made right in the first place and then praising them for it is like thanking someone for giving you a golden shower. Who paid the shipping?

I ranted on Springfield Armory for not making my 1911 chamber right and I didn't spend $10.00 having a local guy chase the chamber with a finish reamer.

LWD makes junk. They initially would fix that junk for free hoping the problem would go away. The opposite happened, more people woke up and realised their barrels weren't right and demanded they be fixed. LWD "fixed" the problem by charging an obscene fee for the privilege of having their barrels be made serviceable. Raise the price, lower the demand (to get the barrels fixed).

The owner of LWD showed his true colors when he posted in hear in a lame attempt to defend his crappy product. I see the guy as nothing but a drop-shipper of overseas made junk, not a "gun guy".I think this is the thread you referenced,gives one a feel for product and the company. SJ 40

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414663&highlight=warning+LWD+barrels

blastfact
05-18-2014, 15:30
:rofl: WiskyT stop *****ing like a little girl. :rofl:

LW tells you there chambers are tight from the freaking get go. All there info is very clear about this. I don't shoot much lead. But I do have a good store of lead and the tools needed if I'm forced into shooting lead. And you can bet I would size the round to the chamber and bore. Not do what the OP did. Or ***** like you do.

I bought a LW barrel for my G20 knowing up front I was going to get a sloppy loose camber and so so support. And thus had my LW 5.15" barrel in hand before I bought my G20 NIB face to face.

And yes the LW barrel was tight. But it ran every thing but my 180gn loads. 135s, 155, 165 and 200gn bullets were fine. Didn't matter the ogive or other data points it didn't like 180gn bullets. Bunny farts to nukes. 180gn bullets were a no go. It would always fail to chamber one round out of every mag. And require a slap on the rear of the slide to complete the chambering of the round.

I didn't like that one bit. And if I had sent the barrel back to LW on my dime. A barrel is dirt cheap to ship. They would have tuned it to my liking if I had shipped it back in under a year to them.

Instead of crying foul like a baby. I got out a finish reamer and opened up the chamber .001, finished it with 2k grit paper and a dowel rod and then put a quick polish on the chamber with the dowel rod and a cleaning patch. All done by hand, bench 101. Nothing complex, just straight basic 101 bench mechanical. And less than 30 mins of time done at the range including testing.

I can go from bunny fart loads to nuke's that would fail in a BS OEM Glock barrel. The only Glock barrels I've ever seen that were done to my taste OEM are there .357 Sig barrels. Every one I've every seen is a work of art. Including my Gen3 31 barrel.

There was a time when there were American men that were problem solvers, under stood mechanics. And male doctors only had hands as soft as a lady's ******. They grumbled among themselves and fixed the problem with there hands and brains.

I think we know which camp your in. :whistling:

WiskyT
05-18-2014, 16:13
:rofl: WiskyT stop *****ing like a little girl. :rofl:

LW tells you there chambers are tight from the freaking get go. All there info is very clear about this. I don't shoot much lead. But I do have a good store of lead and the tools needed if I'm forced into shooting lead. And you can bet I would size the round to the chamber and bore. Not do what the OP did. Or ***** like you do.

I bought a LW barrel for my G20 knowing up front I was going to get a sloppy loose camber and so so support. And thus had my LW 5.15" barrel in hand before I bought my G20 NIB face to face.

And yes the LW barrel was tight. But it ran every thing but my 180gn loads. 135s, 155, 165 and 200gn bullets were fine. Didn't matter the ogive or other data points it didn't like 180gn bullets. Bunny farts to nukes. 180gn bullets were a no go. It would always fail to chamber one round out of every mag. And require a slap on the rear of the slide to complete the chambering of the round.

I didn't like that one bit. And if I had sent the barrel back to LW on my dime. A barrel is dirt cheap to ship. They would have tuned it to my liking if I had shipped it back in under a year to them.

Instead of crying foul like a baby. I got out a finish reamer and opened up the chamber .001, finished it with 2k grit paper and a dowel rod and then put a quick polish on the chamber with the dowel rod and a cleaning patch. All done by hand, bench 101. Nothing complex, just straight basic 101 bench mechanical. And less than 30 mins of time done at the range including testing.

I can go from bunny fart loads to nuke's that would fail in a BS OEM Glock barrel. The only Glock barrels I've ever seen that were done to my taste OEM are there .357 Sig barrels. Every one I've every seen is a work of art. Including my Gen3 31 barrel.

There was a time when there were American men that were problem solvers, under stood mechanics. And male doctors only had hands as soft as a lady's ******. They grumbled among themselves and fixed the problem with there hands and brains.

I think we know which camp your in. :whistling:

http://img.fark.net/images/cache/850/C/Cf/fark_CfGP1Sdw2K7kCarGjvpmctBt2Gs.gif?t=JkW3dpCuAsZTulO6psNo-A&f=1400472000

jmorris
05-18-2014, 16:33
Sorry, paying $38.00 to have them ream something that wasn't made right in the first place and then praising them for it is like thanking someone for giving you a golden shower.

I bet you would be shocked at how many more people have paid someone for that than the total numbers of barrels LW has made. I would tend to agree, If one is of sound mind though.

WiskyT
05-18-2014, 16:36
I bet you would be shocked at how many more people have paid someone for that than the total numbers of barrels LW has made. I would tend to agree, If one is of sound mind though.

Good point, I should have picked a better analogy:supergrin:

Colorado4Wheel
05-18-2014, 17:20
Blastfact. I have run FULL power loads in my OEM barrel. Never a Failure. I ran all sorts of 9mm loads in a LW barrel in my G34. Never a issue. Sold it to someone and he had no end of issues. I got a KKM later and I ran it with all flavors of bullets. Never a issue. Never did a LW barrel for the G20. Never saw the need for it. This loose chamber stuff is just an excuse. Big deal if the brass expands a little. It's supposed to do that. Not going to hurt a thing. The LW barrel is just a cheap barrel. Made cheaply with spotty QC. It's the cheapest on the market for a reason. What tickles my funny bone is people buying it thinking they are getting a better product then OEM. That is just too funny.

tall terry
05-18-2014, 17:25
Barsto, jarvis, and KKM, barrels in that order, all gunsmith fit, the price on the barsto will scare most off, the KKM's are a good barrel only 30-40 bucks more than the barrel that caused this post. BTW, well said on fixing things, I just keep my mouth shut, it fall on deaf ears lol

blastfact
05-18-2014, 17:56
Blastfact. I have run FULL power loads in my OEM barrel. Never a Failure. I ran all sorts of 9mm loads in a LW barrel in my G34. Never a issue. Sold it to someone and he had no end of issues. I got a KKM later and I ran it with all flavors of bullets. Never a issue. Never did a LW barrel for the G20. Never saw the need for it. This loose chamber stuff is just an excuse. Big deal if the brass expands a little. It's supposed to do that. Not going to hurt a thing. The LW barrel is just a cheap barrel. Made cheaply with spotty QC. It's the cheapest on the market for a reason. What tickles my funny bone is people buying it thinking they are getting a better product then OEM. That is just too funny.

You can shoot all you want out of this crap Glock Chamber to the right. I will use the tuned LW to the right.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/20131207_200422.jpg

I have seen enough Glocked brass to last me a life time.

tjpet
05-18-2014, 19:06
I own over a dozen LW barrels. Proper resizing plus adequate bullet seating depth make them run perfectly. And they're accurate to boot. What am I doing wrong?

DoctaGlockta
05-18-2014, 19:15

The owner of LWD showed his true colors when he posted in hear in a lame attempt to defend his crappy product. I see the guy as nothing but a drop-shipper of overseas made junk, not a "gun guy".

They never guaranteed that their barrel would work with my reloads. Yes I wish it had right off the get go. But it didn't and I could have pissed and moaned but I don't have the time nor did I want a useless hunk of steel sitting on the bench. I also didn't have the time/equipment to machine it myself.

As for LWD making junk I will have to wait and see. Appreciate the heads up.

Colorado4Wheel
05-18-2014, 21:14
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/20131207_200422.jpg

Take a close look at the part above the case. The sizing is different. I noticed the lugs under the barrel were also very different.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/faq-barrels.html

WiskyT
05-19-2014, 03:19
Take a close look at the part above the case. The sizing is different. I noticed the lugs under the barrel were also very different.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/faq-barrels.html

Surely a metro tool who is too in touch with his feminine side would rather post something like that than use mechanical abilities to fix the problem. Go grow a pair you post-modern man-marrying rosie o donne wannabe!