45 ACP X-Treme / Bullseye results [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 45 ACP X-Treme / Bullseye results

Glock 1
05-19-2014, 07:12
A few days ago I had a thread about a 45ACP recipe. I took you guys advice and reeled in the charge to the following:

X-Treme plated 200gr RN 45ACP
CCI 300
OAL 1.256
Mixed brass
5.2gr Bullseye

This is the end results. I have about 175-200 rounds in this target @ 7 yards/21 feet. Shot from a Remington R1 Government model that I rebuilt myself. Once I realized the accuracy I started trying to knock out the blue center.

http://www.thepistoldepot.com/mypics/45target.jpg

Glock 1
05-19-2014, 07:27
Interesting side story here... I got to the range when they opened and the cardboard cutouts were brand new. If you look closely you will see some 9mm holes in my cardboard towards the bottom. That was from the lady next to me shooting an LC9. Her husband was teaching her to shoot for the first time and every time she missed he laughed really loud and made fun of her. I wouldn't call the comments hateful but he was definitely not teacher material. When he shot he didn't do much better in my humble opinion.

When her husband went to get more ammo she tapped me on the shoulder (I was loading magazines and changing targets) and apologized for hitting my target. I gave her some pointers and helped her with her grip. I also suggested she find a different instructor in a classroom setting that covers safety and helps with shooting technique. I told her practice is key and to try different guns until she finds one that she is both comfortable and proficient. I did offer to let her shoot my 19 but she acted like her husband might have an issue with it so I did not press the issue. She did get a little better after our brief discussion. They left shortly after but I felt bad for her. She seemed genuinely interested in shooting and eager to learn. I hope she gets the instruction she needs.

fredj338
05-19-2014, 13:08
Yeah, some guys should never teach their wife anything. Mine was eager to learn & paid attention. Something I find most females do better than men when it comes to learning to shoot.

uzimon
05-19-2014, 14:16
Im loading the xtreme 230's over 5gr b.e.
Great load

Photoman642
05-21-2014, 08:21
Interesting side story here... I got to the range when they opened and the cardboard cutouts were brand new. If you look closely you will see some 9mm holes in my cardboard towards the bottom. That was from the lady next to me shooting an LC9. Her husband was teaching her to shoot for the first time and every time she missed he laughed really loud and made fun of her. I wouldn't call the comments hateful but he was definitely not teacher material. When he shot he didn't do much better in my humble opinion.

When her husband went to get more ammo she tapped me on the shoulder (I was loading magazines and changing targets) and apologized for hitting my target. I gave her some pointers and helped her with her grip. I also suggested she find a different instructor in a classroom setting that covers safety and helps with shooting technique. I told her practice is key and to try different guns until she finds one that she is both comfortable and proficient. I did offer to let her shoot my 19 but she acted like her husband might have an issue with it so I did not press the issue. She did get a little better after our brief discussion. They left shortly after but I felt bad for her. She seemed genuinely interested in shooting and eager to learn. I hope she gets the instruction she needs.

I've seen it so many times in my 20 years of shooting at indoor ranges. Very sad. Frustrating too!