Thinking about Jack [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Jack

norton
05-24-2014, 20:35
Out at the range this am on a perfect spring day. Shooting my flintlock, I thought about Jack G while watching the smoke roll over the firing line.
Hoping that up in heaven, Jack is
-Operating a 1050 that never runs out of primers.
-Smiling at the ladies who think he is more charming then Elvis.
-His joints running smoother then the ball bearings on a Rolls Royce.
-And he is positively, 100% pain free.

Happy Memorial Day my friend.

unclebob
05-24-2014, 20:55
Amen.

IndyGunFreak
05-24-2014, 21:03
Well said..

I was thinking about him earlier today as well.

SJ 40
05-24-2014, 21:10
Thanks for his wit and wisdom over the years,RIP Jack. SJ 40

Boxerglocker
05-24-2014, 23:26
I was doing the same... Looked at my Avatar signature today, drawn to perhaps changing it but just didn't feel right.
Hope you're doing well up there Jack, actually I know you are.

Colorado4Wheel
05-25-2014, 05:03
I must have told a story about Jack 3 times last night.

fredj338
05-25-2014, 11:11
I must have told a story about Jack 3 times last night.

It was the admission that you are loading unique, Then jack just comes naturally after that. Jack rip, never. He's causing trouble some where.:supergrin:

SJ 40
05-25-2014, 11:16
It was the admission that you are loading unique, Then jack just comes naturally after that. Jack rip, never. He's causing trouble some where.:supergrin:I was reloading the other day using Unique and the first thing I thought of was Jack. SJ 40

FLSlim
05-25-2014, 12:59
Nice thoughts!

Funny how somebody I've never met face-to-face, makes such an impression. I do miss his "unique" sense of humor-not to mention great insight on reloading issues-on the GT reloading subforum.

Colorado4Wheel
05-25-2014, 13:05
It was the admission that you are loading unique, Then jack just comes naturally after that. Jack rip, never. He's causing trouble some where.:supergrin:

Actually, It's because Jack badgered me for months to learn how too 2-Step and not just hang out with the guys and shoot guns. Last night I had 3 Ladies ask me "How did you get into dancing" So it's all because of Jack. Jack LITERALLY changed my life. I am not the same person as a result of him.

OdinIII
05-25-2014, 13:30
One of the great things about forums such as this is that you get exposure to many exceptional people such as Jack who you would never know in real life. I never met him and I doubt I ever even posted in a thread with him but I always read every posy I saw of his and realized that he was a special person whom I wish I had the opportunity to know. RIP Jack.

PhantomF4E
05-25-2014, 18:29
A line from the old Vince Gill song . As long as you remember him, he'll always be around . We already know Jack had everything he needed up there . If there was not a well stocked reloading bench and a dance floor up there , there would have been a war in heaven not seen since Lucifer himself was cast down ! RIP Jack , we remember your keen wit and your good heart ( buried underneath several layers of crust !!) Too many people didn't get the guy , their loss .

dougader
05-25-2014, 21:34
Lots of good memories of Jack. Amen.

G36_Me
05-25-2014, 21:51
Nice thoughts!

Funny how somebody I've never met face-to-face, makes such an impression. I do miss his "unique" sense of humor-not to mention great insight on reloading issues-on the GT reloading subforum.

+1. Thank you Jack

DoctaGlockta
05-26-2014, 18:43
I can't not help thinking about Jack often. Whether it is knowing that I need to pick up that load of wheel weights at the tire shop, loading some Unique, looking at my unopened can of Kroil, watching an episode of Magnum PI. I still have a copy of his book in my office that I need to read one day.

n2extrm
06-22-2014, 12:44
Yeah The guy just runs through your mind. He was a character and he had a lot f character. I was in the safe last weekend putting away the M1 and looked at my muzzle loader and thought about him. He was a huge help when I was trying to learn about black powder. Actually he was huge help on a lot of thing that cam up.

I haven't been here as much lately, part because life has gotten busy and part because I miss his posts.

ChrisJn
06-22-2014, 13:47
I have on occasion been on the receiving end of his quick wit and vicious humor and I miss him too. RIP.