"Clean" LPP .45 Auto [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Clean" LPP .45 Auto

WeeWilly
06-02-2014, 13:50
So I was shooting at one of the private ranges I get to use occasionally. This range is awash in brass as the regulars that use it don't pick up their empties.

When I got home and started emptying the brass I had picked up, I noticed some LPP .45 Auto brass that was clean inside, just like the "non-toxic" SPP cases.

Has anyone seen or heard that manufacturers are now offering lead free LPP .45 Auto loads? The cases I found in this state were Federal, but they were not marked NT.

If this is old news, please forgive.

Kentguy
06-02-2014, 17:34
WeeWilly,

I don't know if this is the same thing or not but two weeks ago I shot off some 124g Remington Golden Sabers w/nickel casings. I picked up one of the casings to inspect it and it was almost spotless! At the time I thought that was really weird considering I can not remember if I have ever seen a spent casing so clean before.

This was not just one casing but the whole box was clean inside after firing.

WeeWilly
06-02-2014, 17:52
The ones I found were brass and Federal 45 Auto head stamp. They too were spotless inside just like the no lead SPP 45 ammo cases.

I guess I was a little hopeful they had started making the lead free primers in LPP size. In any case, somebody is making LPP's that are a whole lot cleaner than anything I have ever seen.