Nra [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nra

xena
09-02-2003, 18:00
Hi all

I'm geting ready to join the NRA and was wondering if any of you get the Women's Outlook magazine they offer. If yes, would you recommend it over the American Rifleman?

Thanks.

Blue Nunn
09-03-2003, 18:24
I'm a Lfetime Member of The NRA and I prefer, "Womens' Outlook" to "The Rifleman."

"The Rifleman," features excellent articles but is geared more toward hunting. The "Womens Outlook," gives you more information geared to womens' choice of Firearms, selection of firearms, clothing, other useful information especially for novice shooters!

Alice
09-11-2003, 20:35
I recommended Womem's Outlook. A refreshing change from the hunting crowd. It is very informative and geared towards women's interest. I have absolutely no interest in hunting animals but look forward to the Woman's Outlook because it addresses issues I am intrested in, such as personal safety.

Alice

strider72
09-13-2003, 18:05
You might want to also try "Women & Guns",a magazine all its own.

xena
09-21-2003, 18:16
Thanks to all who replied. I joined the NRA and went with the Women's Outlook. I have read several Women and Guns issues and found it really informative. Thanks for the tip.

strider72
09-22-2003, 08:10
You might want to also check out a book called"Armed & Female" by a woman named Paxton Quigley.

xena
09-22-2003, 08:49
I've read "Armed and Female" and have loaned out my copy to as many friends as I can get to read it. I strongly recommend it to anyone who might be sitting on the fence regarding gun ownership and training. (and both should go hand in hand)