jerry clower and 20 year old memory. mine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : jerry clower and 20 year old memory. mine

Bill Powell
09-18-2003, 21:39
Jerry Clower said one day he had been invited to one of the national talk shows as a guest. He waited in the green room with the top she coon of all the world's women libbers. When they were called, he reached out to open the door for her...."STOP RIGHT THERE, SIR. HOW DARE YOU OFFER TO OPEN THAT DOOR FOR ME. I'M HERE DEMANDING EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL WOMANKIND. TOTAL EQUALITY, EQUAL WORK AND RESPONSIBILITY. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CODDLE ME?" "I was just trying to be a gentleman," says Jerry. 'WELL, HOW WOULD YOUR WIFE FEEL ABOUT THIS?"

"Well, let me tell you about my wife. Let's see, in Yazoo City, Miss., it's about elevenish, and she's just about waking up, maybe. Soon as the maid heres her, she'll bring her breakfast in bed, and get her clothes ready for the day. Later, if she's in the mood, she'll climb into her new Lincoln town car, and go downtown to try to wear those little magnetic strips off her credit cards. I can't talk to her right now, but I bet if I could, she'd say, "Lady, I don't think I want you messing around with my deal."

Eddie C.
09-18-2003, 21:41
;i Good one Bill!

Bill Powell
09-18-2003, 21:49
Hey Eddie C, How you doin? I was talking to Eric over the weekend, and he said you were one of the good guys. As I said, I hadn't heard that one in about twenty years, and I hear that as you get older, the memory is one of the first things to go.

Eddie C.
09-18-2003, 21:57
Originally posted by Bill Powell
Hey Eddie C, How you doin? I was talking to Eric over the weekend, and he said you were one of the good guys. As I said, I hadn't heard that one in about twenty years, and I hear that as you get older, the memory is one of the first things to go.

Eric? Who's Eric?

Bwahahahahahahaha! Gotcha Bill! I think the memory is the second thing to go. Hahahahaha! At least in my case. Good to hear from you Bill. I hope all is well with you and yours. Pop in anytime and say hello. It's always good to talk to you. God Bless. Eddie C.;f

Sugarfoot
09-19-2003, 06:41
A very funny man.
I have a couple of his tapes..

JHS
09-20-2003, 11:50
Knock'em out John. Whats a matter with John!

Bill Powell
09-20-2003, 18:02
Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief.