Come On Ladies.............. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Come On Ladies..............

CowgirlCop
09-21-2003, 19:21
I look at all the other threads out there and some pretty interesting topics.........seems like the "ladies Forum" lacks a little oomph!! How about someone coming up with a stimulating womens' topic and we go with it!!!

CarolinaJen
09-24-2003, 09:53
I think that being tucked in under "Miscellany" doesn't really help draw attention to the forum. Plus it seems most topics are not woman-specific. And the few that are may be TMI for such a public forum. Or else the guys' experience is still helpful--ie I got the best advice about carry choices for nursing moms from the general carry folder.

Depressing but true, I guess I'm just trained now not to bother posting here since I get better info if I post where there is more traffic.

Jen.

Shoeless
09-29-2003, 21:36
I'm with you, Jen. Why is our forum about fifteen miles from any of the other general forums? Not super accessible.

Pretty much the only place that I post or read regularly is General Non-Glocking, unless I have a specific firearms question.

Shoeless

Vic303
09-29-2003, 22:04
Yeah, I check this forum on the rare occassions I see traffic on it, but they are rare unfortunately. Hey ladies, I have topic idea! I will post it now.
--Vic

CowgirlCop
10-01-2003, 08:22
As a gun totin woman I have alot of other women that ask me about guns...Do you believe that in this day and age a woman SHOULD carry?

as a side note; has anyone found a decent carry purse that doesn't look like my mother built it?

KrisLady
10-01-2003, 13:04
Originally posted by CowgirlCop
As a gun totin woman I have alot of other women that ask me about guns...Do you believe that in this day and age a woman SHOULD carry? Yes. YES. :)

That, and I believe that if we are going to carry, we have a responsibility to be competent.

Kris

Melissa Ann
10-03-2003, 08:05
Ditto what Kris said.

I believe it's my responsibility to carry and to protect myself. I'm all for the LEO folks, but they can't be everywhere all the time, so in most cases, I will have to depend on myself to protect myself and my loved ones. My boyfriend carries to protect ourselves as well.

And I firmly believe that anyone who carries or even just OWNS a gun, ought to practice with it, and make sure she can hit what she is aiming at.

melissa