Women & BUGs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Women & BUGs

Vic303
09-29-2003, 22:11
Ok ladies, any of you carry a back up gun? (BUG) I am considering getting a BUG to go with my 1911, but sort of wonder where I will carry it? Also wondering what would serve best? Looked at a little Beretta .32 this past weekend, along with an NAA derringer/mini revolver in .22mag. Any suggestions?

Current & future encumbrances: :)
2 small kids (one is an infant)
purse-sometimes
BUG?
Fox OC on belt
Surefire E1E
CRKT M16 knife

ubimow
09-30-2003, 01:10
I just bought a Kel-tec P3-AT and I love it. It is the same size as their P-32 (.32 ACP) but with the larger .380 caliber. It seems to be very popular as several other GT'ers have purchased them lately. I shot 100 rounds out of mine and only had one failure to eject but I was shooting singled handed with my left hand and I think I limp wristed it. I found it to be very accurate and easy to shoot considering how darn small it is. It only weighs about 10 ounces FULLY LOADED. I wore it to Walmart tonight in an IWB holster and I forgot I had a gun on me, SERIOUSLY! Below is a picture of it in my hand. I put the Houge Jr. Sleeve on it to "bulk" it up a little and to give it that little finger grip which feels much better in my hand.(When looking at the picture, keep in mind I have small hands...well, average hands for a woman but I guess that makes them "small")

ubimow
09-30-2003, 01:12
This is a picture of it side by side next to my Glock 23 for thickness comparison.

ubimow
09-30-2003, 01:15
Another next to the G23

Blue Nunn
09-30-2003, 21:55
KAHR PM9! Thinnest Profile Of them All = .90" & Lightest Gun = 15 ozs. Fully Loaded!!!!