Need stuffed mushrooms recipe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need stuffed mushrooms recipe

Patricia
11-23-2003, 19:40
We are making them for Thanksgiving. I have asked my sister to give me her recipe but we keep missing each other's phone calls. Help!

Cinic
11-23-2003, 22:01
This recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis of Everyday Italian on the Food Network. I watched her make it a couple days ago and it looked quite good.

1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.

Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Serve.

Link to Recipe. (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_24939,00.html)

I hope that "Pecorino Romano" is in your Italian vocabulary. I had to look it up. ;)

And here's a pic (http://images.scrippsweb.com/FOOD/2003/03/28/giada_delaurentiis_e.jpg) of Giada for the gentlemen. ;f

Patricia
11-24-2003, 08:18
Wonderful, thank you!!! ;a ;a

Pecorino Romano is the only way to go. :) I use it many times in place of parmasean.

ExxoticOne
11-24-2003, 10:19
I have an Atkins-friendly one:

1 pound large mushrooms (the white button kind or baby-portabellas or the full size ones...4)
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
9-12 ounces crabmeat
1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts (optional, sometimes I prefer celery)
2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Instructions: Preheat oven to 400F. Remove stems from the mushrooms, retaining the caps. Chop the stems. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Brush the mushroom caps with melted butter. In the remaining butter, cook and stir the chopped mushroom stems and onions until tender. Gradually mix the cream cheese and mustard into the saucepan. Continue stirring until smooth. Stir in the crabmeat, water chestnuts (or celery) and pimentos. Heat until warm. Stuff the mushroom caps with the crabmeat mixture. Sprinkle the stuffed caps with Parmesan cheese. In a shallow pan, bake the caps at 400F for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot.

Patricia
11-24-2003, 10:34
That sounds yummy too Exxotic! I think I'll try that one on Christmas Eve. It is a tradional Italian thing to have seafood on Christmas Eve so that would be perfect. :)