Glock Talk Cookbook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Talk Cookbook


Patricia
11-24-2003, 17:43
I know it's been mentioned a few times, but seeing all the great recipes here reminded me. I think I am going to start taking each recipe that is posted and making it into a Word doc. Maybe eventually we could get them all printed out and see if members want to buy one. What do you all think? By the way, if anyone else wants to volunteer (pretty please) to do this, I'd help anyway I can. I just get so busy that I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to see this through.

Shoeless
11-24-2003, 18:40
Oooh I'd be in!!!

Shoeless

knuckle dragger
11-24-2003, 22:20
Great idea!

Patricia
11-25-2003, 09:33
I think we could do it pretty simply. I guess the first step would be getting all the recipes together and then sorted by catagory. I could get them printed out at Office Max and bound with those plastic binder thingies. If someone more artisic than me could come up with a cover for it, I'll bring the idea to Eric and see if he wants to put it up for sale on GT. Perhaps a portion of the sale could go to helping him with GT's operating costs.

allanc
11-25-2003, 10:07
As a professional writer/editor, I will volunteer my services.

Patricia
11-25-2003, 10:30
Wonderful!!! Please contact me via PM or email and let me know what you are willing to do. :)

Patricia
11-25-2003, 10:58
Our wonderful allanc has volunteered his services (THANKS ALLAN!) to get our cookbook going. Keep those recipes coming!!

We'll still need someone to make the cover. Once things are set up, we'll have to decide on a price and ask Eric if he wants to sell it here on GT. This is so great! ;f

SanduneCC
11-25-2003, 11:12
How about pictures of the finished dishes too? That way, we know the submitter actually made it.

Eddie C.
11-25-2003, 11:26
Food don't last that long around here to get pictures of it. You have a better shot at capturing Sasquatch or Nessie on film.;)









;f ;f ;f

Patricia
11-25-2003, 11:30
Originally posted by SanduneCC
How about pictures of the finished dishes too? That way, we know the submitter actually made it.

Nice idea, but it would be more expensive than just text.

Patricia
11-25-2003, 11:30
Originally posted by Eddie C.
Food don't last that long around here to get pictures of it. You have a better shot at capturing Sasquatch or Nessie on film.;)




;f ;f ;f

;i ;i ;i You got that right Eddie!

hwyhobo
11-25-2003, 11:40
Sidearmor wrote:Nice idea, but it would be more expensive than just text. How about HTML format on a CD instead? Much cheaper to produce and can hold photographs.

allanc
11-25-2003, 11:56
Originally posted by hwyhobo
Sidearmor wrote:How about HTML format on a CD instead? Much cheaper to produce and can hold photographs.

HHTML would work but so would PDF. PDF (or HTML) would make including photos easy.

Patricia
11-25-2003, 12:28
I know I don't have pictures of most of my recipes. As Eddie said, they don't stay around long enough. I was trying to keep this as simple as possible in a printed version.

Eddie C.
11-25-2003, 12:31
Originally posted by Sidearmor
I know I don't have pictures of most of my recipes. As Eddie said, they don't stay around long enough. I was trying to keep this as simple as possible in a printed version.


You got that right Patricia. If I run to my room to get my camera, return, aim, focus, and shoot, I missed the meal.:( :( :(

allanc
11-25-2003, 12:55
Don't y'all keep your digital cameras in the kitchen?

Eddie C.
11-25-2003, 13:00
Originally posted by allanc
Don't y'all keep your digital cameras in the kitchen?



What good is a camera with gravy splatters all over the lens?!??;P ;e ;f

allanc
11-25-2003, 13:41
Originally posted by Eddie C.
What good is a camera with gravy splatters all over the lens?!??;P ;e ;f

Dang Eddie, don't tell me you are a slob, too! ;e

Eddie C.
11-25-2003, 13:42
Originally posted by allanc
Dang Eddie, don't tell me you are a slob, too! ;e





^c

MrsKitty
11-25-2003, 14:03
Originally posted by allanc
Dang Eddie, don't tell me you are a slob, too! ;e

All secrets come out around the kitchen table;P

allanc
11-25-2003, 14:12
Originally posted by misskitty5077
All secrets come out around the kitchen table;P

Just as long as Eddie isn't swilling the cooking sherry, everything will be OK. ;f

Eddie C.
11-25-2003, 14:19
Originally posted by allanc
Just as long as Eddie isn't swilling the cooking sherry, everything will be OK. ;f



That's half the fun of cooking is a touch of the vino!;)

norm357
11-25-2003, 15:38
Im no good at putting things together, but I sure would buy a few copies!

Norm

Penman
11-25-2003, 17:17
I think this would be a great project. Each person who submits a recipe should also include a statement that the recipe they are sharing does not have any copyright claims on it. Sharing recipes out of a cookbook is fine on an individual basis, but could cause trouble if copyrighted material ends up in a GT cookbook.

With that out of the way, I'd be happy to contribute some original recipes.

allanc
11-25-2003, 17:47
Originally posted by Penman
I think this would be a great project. Each person who submits a recipe should also include a statement that the recipe they are sharing does not have any copyright claims on it. Sharing recipes out of a cookbook is fine on an individual basis, but could cause trouble if copyrighted material ends up in a GT cookbook.



Penman,

You have a valid point about copyrighted material. According to the Library of Congress Copyright Information FAQ (http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl122.html):


Mere listings of ingredients as in recipes, formulas, compounds or prescriptions are not subject to copyright protection. However, where a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection.

So, if the descriptive part of the recipe is in your own words, copyright does not apply (in most cases).

TEAK
11-26-2003, 06:27
well i guess its time to dig through the boxes i didnt unpack from the last move and get my greatgrandmothers/grandmothers recipes out. i can make just about all of them but i have done it so many times i couldnt tell you the measurements cause i eyeball it all now. but im in for the book if we get it. as long as the cover doesnt end up being eddie in a whipped cream bikini ^3 ^2 ^5

Cajun
12-22-2003, 18:56
I can probably come up with a few recipes also, probably need to stick with the milder stuff tho.

Eddie C.
12-22-2003, 19:06
Originally posted by TEAK
....... but im in for the book if we get it. as long as the cover doesnt end up being eddie in a whipped cream bikini ^3 ^2 ^5







Boy o' boy TEAK, you sure know how to spoil a guys fun! Here I was thinking of where to strategically place those cherries on the whipped cream too.;g ;e :cool:















;f ;f ;f

TEAK
12-22-2003, 19:13
well if you have given it that much though.... maybe something in the liner notes? not to big though! wouldnt want to see toooooo much;P

Eddie C.
12-22-2003, 19:29
Originally posted by TEAK
well if you have given it that much though.... maybe something in the liner notes? not to big though! wouldnt want to see toooooo much;P


Deal!;)

DaleGribble
12-22-2003, 21:33
Count me in, I'll submit a recipe or two, and I'll buy a copy! ^c ^c ^c

Cali-Glock
12-23-2003, 12:52
Count me in! Sounds great!! I vote for an Adobe Acrobat version - either on CD or one which can be downloaded.

Vic303
12-24-2003, 12:45
I'd buy a cookbook if it comes out not too costly. Say under 10$.
--Vic