Drink Recipes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Drink Recipes

Patricia
11-25-2003, 10:34
I know Exxotic has posted some killer ones before. Since it is getting rather chilly here at night, I'd love to have some that can be served hot. :)

allanc
11-25-2003, 11:06
Well, this isn't a warm drink, but it will warm you up.

John Rabi's Mai Tais

To make two:
8 oz rum (I prefer Captain Morgan's Spicy Silver)
2 oz Orange Curacao
2 oz Orgeat
1 oz 99Banana
2 Lime
Few drops of Grenadine

Shake all ingredients with crushed ice and serve it by straining it over crushed ice. If you want to make it a "Killer Mai Tai" use 6 oz Captain Morgan's and 2 oz Strohl rum. (Strohl is from Austria and it is the strongest rum in the world.) Make sure you use a full lime for every serving.

allanc
11-25-2003, 12:58
I know this is a Food Forum but a beverage section would go well in the GT Cookbook! :)

TEAK
11-26-2003, 08:22
only warm drink i know of:
1 gal of good, need i stress GOOD, apple cider
1 1/2 cup of cranberry juice
1 1/2 cup of orange juice
10 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks

combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. let cool for a few min before serving and try to remove as many cloves as you can before serving. a trick i use is to use a slotted spoon to fish the cloves out. this stirs it up, gets the cloves out, and helps cool it down some. serve warm but not scalding hot. when its cold out i drink this in the morning instead of coffee. if your going to store it let it cool completely and the put in a container and put it in the fridge. in the morning just pour some in a mug micro for a min or so and your set.
***adding liquor***
i cant give amounts for adding liquor to the whole batch because i usually add it to the individual drink depending on who is drinking it. personally i like to add either a good rum, cpt morgans spiced or bacardi dark (151), or a good shot of southern comfort. you can add what ever is to your tasting.
a neat trick i saw a few years ago at a xmas party is to serve your cider in glass mugs and rim them with sugar. it almost looked like the glasses were frosted and it added a nice touch. i personally havent tried this and i am not sure what you would use to get the sugar to stick. water would probably work but you might try taking an orange wedge and running it around the rim.
hoe ya like ;Y ^c

ExxoticOne
11-26-2003, 08:38
No measurements on any of these because everyone has their favorite mug and it's not normally an 8oz. size...and you'll want to adjust it to your taste...of course, use the good stuff.

Raspberry Chocolatte Coffee:
Chambord Raspberry Liqueur, Godiva, and coffee topped with whipped cream.

Almond Chocolate Coffee:
Amaretto, Creme de Cocoa, and coffee topped with whipped cream.

Raspberry Eclaire:
Smirnoff Raspberry Twist, Chambord, Kahlua, and Hot Chocolate topped with whipped cream.

Aspen Coffee:
Baileys Irish Creme and Grand Marnier mixed together with coffee.

Hot Apple Pie:
Smirnoff Green Apple Twist, Butterscotch Schnapps, and Hot Apple Cider topped with whipped cream

Chocolate Winter:
Bailey's Irish Creme, Kahlua, Amaretto, and Hot Chocolate topped with whipped cream.

Nutty Thrill:
Frangelico, Amaretto, shot of hot espresso, whipped cream, top with almond slivers.

Patricia
11-26-2003, 09:04
All of those are great! Keep em coming! ;a

geminicricket
11-26-2003, 09:22
Coffee.

Why would there be anything else?

Shoeless
11-30-2003, 20:54
I'm a tea drinker instead of coffee, and this isn't exotic or fancy, just to let you know. Sometimes in the winter I want a richer version of my regular tea, so I brew it in hot skim milk (or you could use 2% or whole if you want) instead of hot water. It makes a wonderful, rich creamy tea that is great on a cold night with a little honey (or Splenda) :)

Another yummy thing is to add a touch of vanilla extract to tea. It rounds out the bitter edges.

Shoeless

f1b32oPTic
11-30-2003, 23:04
get a pint glass and fill it about 3/4 of the way with guiness or murphey's stout.

take a shot glass and fill it half with jamison irish whiskey and half with bailey's irish cream.

drop the shot glass into the pint and chug the concoction until the glass is empty and the shot glass slides forward and touches your lip...

its almost dessert like
and then some ;h

noway
12-05-2003, 13:45
Here's my favorite drink learned from my drinking days in Chicago.

The "Irish Box car" aka "Flannigan Wake"

shot glass of amaretto palced in a std 20oz Pilsner glass. Fill the glass ( pilsner ) to the brim with Bass Ale/ Harp or Guniess.

another drink learned from my days in Ireland;

"Black and Brown" ( not to be confuse with Black & Tan )

Root Beer and Guiness Stout or Bass Ale if you can't handle the Guiness.
stout, 1 std Pilsner glass or Mug with half way with rootbeer, top off the mug with the beer.

Bottoms up. ;c ;c ;c ;c

Wulfenite
12-05-2003, 19:14
Snugglers

Cup hot choclate,
1 shot Ruplemintz (or an equivalent highquality 100 proof pepermint schnapps).
Mix, enjoy!

BOZWELL
12-06-2003, 07:18
That would be a little Absolute and some Grapefruit juice on the rocks. Great and refreshing on a hot summer day!!!! :)

;b