The Official GlockTalk Cookbook Thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Official GlockTalk Cookbook Thread

allanc
11-26-2003, 07:30
OK, so there is going to be an Official GlockTalk cookbook. No, this is not going to feature recipes on how to cook a Glock! ;f

Recipes in the cookbook with feature the user name of the person who submitted the recipe. If you want to remain anonymous, please let me know and your user name will NOT be associated with recipe.

There are some copyright issues associated with recipes. If you copied a recipe out of a book, please cite the book. The best thing to do is to write the description of how to prepare the recipe in your own words. Don't worry about the list of ingredients those cannot be copyrighted. ;)

It would be really nice to include any story, comments, or anecdotes about a dish. Please put anything like that in the thread with the recipe. Appropriate comments will be added to the cookbook.

I will be editing recipes to correct spelling, grammar, and style so there is little need for you to worry about that. If not listed in the original recipes, I will add amounts and volumes as I see fit. I will rely on my culinary skills to add what is needed.

Keep posting your recipes in their own threads and add any comments or questions about the cookbook into this thread. I look forward to putting together a really good cookbook.

Allan

TEAK
11-26-2003, 08:55
are other peoples variations and additions going to be printed along with the recipe? if there is anything that i can do to help let me know. this is going to be fun ;f

Patricia
11-26-2003, 09:03
Thanks so much for doing this! I can't wait for my copy! ;f

slightlyabnorml
11-26-2003, 10:31
I would definitely be inetersted! husband on the other hand, says i already have too many cookbooks;f

Cali-Glock
12-02-2003, 14:27
Originally posted by allanc
OK, so there is going to be an Official GlockTalk cookbook. No, this is not going to feature recipes on how to cook a Glock! ;f

Awww - And I have a great recipe for cooking a Glock. What brought me to this board in 2002 was a Glock which was missing the serial #... After a lot of advise, and some phone conversations with Glock, I cooked my 1st gen Glock 21 for 20 minutes under a broiler, and sent the slide and $150 to Glock and they sent me a new 3rd gen G21! :)

Oh well - food recipes taste a lot better anyway.

12-06-2003, 19:41
I'll submit my "Get Mugged" chicken recipie and the one I posted on the hot sauce thread.

Cookbooks by Betty Glocker? ;G ;T ^3

groverglock
12-06-2003, 22:04
Originally posted by G17Cabbie
I'll submit my "Get Mugged" chicken recipie and the one I posted on the hot sauce thread.

Cookbooks by Betty Glocker? ;G ;T ^3

And a mixed drink book called "Betty Cookers Crock Book" ;e ;e ;e

Penman
12-17-2003, 20:18
Since we have many international members at GT, it would be good to include a metric conversion chart.

Shoeless
12-30-2003, 21:18
Hey just be sure you include my goat recipe! hee hee

Shoeless

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 04:53
First off I want to appoligize for not seeing this forum sooner. ;f;f;f;f

So what are the details on the cook book. I just posted two receipes and there will be more to come. I just gotta think of them first. I have never wrote any of them down just gottem in the head.

Take Care
"duck"

allanc
12-31-2003, 06:57
OK, I volunteered to put this thing together. I have been waiting for the recipe count to get higher (like it is now). I have also had some work and holiday obligations to get out of the way. I want to get the first edition out in February.

Keep those recipes coming... ;f

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 07:14
Good deal. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help other than posting receipes. I think of somemore later im sure.

Take Care
"duck"

Glock Case
01-05-2004, 21:44
I think this is a great idea. I am new to the forum, and do not want to appear to take over. But, I know a print shop that specializes in cook books and would like to offer my help. Are there any talented guys or gals out there with a great cover idea? I will post my recipe's now. Thanks for a great idea!

VinniefromNY
01-29-2004, 23:36
I'll contribute my recipes for Poundcake and Gingersnaps, and maybe even my secret to delicious fried eggs and fried porkchops/chicken!!!!!

GlocknSpiehl
02-23-2004, 14:26
Is there a limit on how many recipes we can submit?

Minuteman
02-23-2004, 14:40
I would like to submit my Texas Red Chili for the cook book. I posted the recipe in the food section.

Thanks.

Darkmage
02-26-2004, 21:25
If you like, I can post the recipe for the Pink Pistols Chicken which was inadverdantly created and served at the 2nd Annual Virginia GlockTalk Convention and Homie Shootout. :)

groverglock
02-27-2004, 10:47
Hop Sing say "No cook Pink Pistols Chicken. No trust chicken necks." ;f ;f ;f ;f

MB-G26
04-29-2004, 02:24
Originally posted by Penman
Since we have many international members at GT, it would be good to include a metric conversion chart.

(requires java)http://www.onlineconversion.com/
Welcome to OnlineConversion.com
Convert just about anything to anything else.
Over 5,000 units, and 50,000 conversions.
Volume Liquid and Dry. Liters, Fluid Ounces, Pints, Quarts, Gallons, Milliliter/cc, Barrels, Gill, Hogshead, More...

Weight/Mass Kilograms, Ounces, Pounds, Troy Pounds, Stones, Tons, More...

Cooking Various cooking volume conversions, including Drop, Dash, Pinch, Teaspoons, Tablespoons, Cups, etc. Plus other cooking conversions such as butter weight, and gas mark temperatures.

http://www.convert-me.com/en/
Weight and Mass
Weight measures, including metric conversion, Avoirdupois (U.S.), Troy, Apothecaries, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, old Russian, ancient Greek and Roman

Capacity and Volume
Liquid and dry measures of volume, including metric, U.S., British Imperial, Japanese, Thai, old Russian and cooking.

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/
Measurement Conversion
Measurement Converter

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html
m

nsb22
04-29-2004, 15:42
Let me know if you are still accepting recipes and when the book will be published. I have a couple of desert recipes that are glockariffic!;f

Minuteman
05-11-2004, 23:03
I wrote out this recipe on another thread, but I would like to submit it for the cook book.

Here's the link.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2588921#post2588921

Thanks.

Tennessee Slim
06-24-2004, 11:55
Iíve been a member here about two months but I only came across this thread today. I have a recipe database Iíve been building for nearly 20 years that has (as of today) 3339 hand-selected, key word-searchable recipes in it. They run from simple country food to some seriously exotic stuff, beverages, breads, appetizers, soups, side dishes, entrees, and deserts. I have a particular preference for spicy. Some of them list accreditation but I havenít made a point of keeping track. Youíre welcome to any and all.

Caretaker
06-25-2004, 19:33
Originally posted by allanc

Recipes in the cookbook with feature the user name of the person who submitted the recipe. If you want to remain anonymous, please let me know and your user name will NOT be associated with recipe.

There are some copyright issues associated with recipes. If you copied a recipe out of a book, please cite the book. The best thing to do is to write the description of how to prepare the recipe in your own words. Don't worry about the list of ingredients those cannot be copyrighted. ;)

It would be really nice to include any story, comments, or anecdotes about a dish. Please put anything like that in the thread with the recipe. Appropriate comments will be added to the cookbook.

I will be editing recipes to correct spelling, grammar, and style so there is little need for you to worry about that. If not listed in the original recipes, I will add amounts and volumes as I see fit. I will rely on my culinary skills to add what is needed.

Keep posting your recipes in their own threads and add any comments or questions about the cookbook into this thread. I look forward to putting together a really good cookbook.

Allan

well if any of my recipes can be aded to the cookbook please feel free for im posting alot of them on here in the food forum. if you think they rate go for it...if not no biggie anything i can do to help i will...best wishes, kevin:) :) :)

Texas Boy
02-10-2005, 00:06
Any progress on the cookbock or did the idea just die?

pixel218
06-22-2005, 14:06
I want one. No recipes to contribute though. :(

Glockphobia
07-19-2005, 04:41
i think they may have taken all the recipes and ran.....

mitchshrader
02-02-2006, 01:26
that i believe them to be lost in the Andes. They are ALIVE! you must have hope...

now about the recipes they didn't steal and sell to foreign powers..

I have two handsful already on glocktalk scattered among various threads. .

and outside of the very small chance a vain, attractive, much married southern cook might contribute even Better Ones, my personal store of recipes is uniquely appetizing.

but, Uh, where do they GO, and who do we nail down this time to guard em?

noway
03-06-2006, 09:40
I would mind helping out. If I could suggest we break it down by items or entrys maybe even a wildgame section ;)

Wulfenite
04-10-2006, 19:39
Why havent I noticed this stickey before. I'll contribute some stuff.

Are we doing just regular written recipes or are picture recipes acceptible?