Eating "the Kermit"! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Eating "the Kermit"!

OXCOPS
11-30-2003, 09:55
I was inspired by Kitty's Oreo thread to post my own Oreo dessert.

I have no idea what the real name of it is, but my friends at work call it "The Kermit!"

It is so simple tat even I can make it. All you need are one package of Oreos, one half-gallon "brick" of vanilla ice cream and one quarter cp of Creme de Menthe Liquor.

All you do is:

-Take the ice cream out of freezer and st on counter to soften.

-Get Oreos and place in a zip-lock bag and BEAT THE HELL out of them! Once the cookies are crushed, spread them along the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish. This is your "crust". SAVE A HANDFUL OF CRUMBS FOR LATER!!!

-Once the ice cream has softened up enough to be "workable", dump the brick into a large bowl. Stip in the 1/4 cup of Creme de Menthe. Once that is mixed throughout, carefully spread the mixture over the Oreo crust.

-Take that left over handful of Oreo crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the dessert. Cover with plastic and put in freezer to harden back up.

-Once it has hardened, you can cut it into squares and serve.

This is a good summertime dessert. It has a col minty taste to copliment the Oreos. It gets the name Kermit from the color of the ice creme after you add the creme de menthe to it.

Good luck!

MrsKitty
11-30-2003, 10:17
I love Creme de Menthe. I will try yours Ox!

Oreos deserve thier own spot on the food pyramid;e

hcook
12-06-2003, 07:51
Sounds tasty!

Now, if I could just convince my wife that it really would be funny to take this dessert to our (Southern Baptist) Sunday school Christmas party... ;i

OXCOPS
12-06-2003, 09:48
Originally posted by hcook
Sounds tasty!

Now, if I could just convince my wife that it really would be funny to take this dessert to our (Southern Baptist) Sunday school Christmas party... ;i

I give it to my shift ON DUTY all the time in the summer! There is not enough alcohol in the Creme de Menthe to make a difference--even on non-drinkers. It is 60 proof and you are only using a quarter-cup.

Go ahead and get 'em liquored up! ;f

hcook
12-29-2003, 17:58
Well, the Kermit didn't make it to the party, but we did make it for Christmas with the family. Very tasty... ^c

Personally, I'd prefer just a bit more mint taste. Not so much that it tastes like plain ol' booze, but more of a flavor contrast would be nice.

I've got some ideas for different flavors, etc, based on the Kermit. I'll try them out and post any good results here.

noway
12-30-2003, 00:05
Some how I thought this post was about eating frog legs
;f

OXCOPS
12-30-2003, 05:59
Originally posted by noway
Some how I thought this post was about eating frog legs
;f

Well, I suppose you could add those if you desire! ;f

MrsKitty
04-10-2005, 09:40
I am just bumping a few of these I don't want to see get purged :)

OXCOPS
04-10-2005, 12:48
And just in time for summer! ;f

Trumpet
04-10-2005, 16:59
If you want more mint, just use mint chocolate chip ice cream. You could also add some smashed candy canes or starlight mints too.

Rich

MrsKitty
04-10-2005, 17:39
Originally posted by OXCOPS
And just in time for summer! ;f

Hiya Officer Oxie #wav

OXCOPS
04-11-2005, 05:25
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Hiya Officer Oxie #wav

;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

nickg