Pomogranate... Autumn's Rubies Are In Season! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pomogranate... Autumn's Rubies Are In Season!

Shoeless
12-02-2003, 20:47
Yum yum yum yum yum!

Pomogranates are in season which means they are cheap and delicious! If you've never had one, go ahead and invest the 99 cents on one.

1. Put on an apron or at least tuck a few paper towels or dish towels into your collar to protect your shirt.

2. Cut off the top about an inch down (face it away from you into the sink because the juice squirts and stains!). Then turn it upside down and break it apart with your hands into sections. Using a knife will break the seed cells and you'll end up with blood-red juice all over, that's why I am recommending just breaking it with your hands.

3. Once you have it broken into sections, you'll see that the entire inside is just membranes and seeds. Gorgeous, deep, ruby-red seeds that look like little gems.

4. With your hands, gently push down on the seeds to break them away from the membrane. This can be time-consuming. It takes me about ten minutes to seed an entire pomogranate.

5. Once the seeds are all detached, EAT 'EM! I put them on ice cream, with pie, in fruit salad, in regular green salad, or just eat them by the handful.

They are loaded with antioxidants and are tartly delicious, not to mention beautiful little guys.

Shoeless