Mom's cooking [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mom's cooking

Bill D
12-07-2003, 17:43
Childhood memories.
Winter lunch- slice of white bread covered with a slice of cheese, tomato, and bacon. Broiled until bacon is done. Served with a bowl of cream of tomato soup!
Dinner- Mock Filet
Ground chuck meat balls flattened to 1"x3", wrapped with bacon, and broiled. Served with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole(add a can of cheddar cheese soup and sliced almonds).
Yum!

allanc
12-07-2003, 17:55
Mom's cooking...ah the fond memories...

I was in college before I found out that the smoke alarm wasn't the dinner bell.

This is really true, we still laugh about how many times Mom set off the smoke alarm. ;g

MrsKitty
12-07-2003, 18:07
My Mama makes killer chicken n' dumplings from a large can of cream of chicken soup! Mix milk and flour to make pouffy dumplings, set aside. Add milk to thin the soup until desired consistency, about two thirds can is good for us. Cook until boiling slowly. Drop dumpling mix slowly in by spoonfuls. Let dumplings cook until done WITHOUT stirring. When done, salt & pepper to taste and carefully stir.

What about Grandma's cooking?

Never in my life will I be able to fry potatoes like my Grandma does.

Also, I have no idea what that woman does to a can of Campbell's tomato soup, but hers is so, so good. No just um, um good either. She has told me and told me but I can't come close...

Must just be the ambience of Grandma's kitchen?