First cookbook? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First cookbook?

Zak3056
12-08-2003, 23:16
So what was your first cookbook?

My first was "The Kids Cookbook: Yum! I eat it" by Patricia Barrett-Dragan. It was given to me when I was 7 (22 years ago) by my father's girlfriend. I still have it around the house, believe it or not, though I Don't actually cook from it anymore. ;f

I admit, this is something of a fluff thread, but the "sloppy joe" post brought back memories.

hwyhobo
12-08-2003, 23:22
My first cookbook was from a turn of the century with recipies so exotic and wonderful, it was like reading fairy tales. In fact, that's exactly the role it played for me. Most of the recipies I still could not recreate today, and probably never will (bear paws in lemon marinade, etc.) Anyway, it was entertaining.

bdhawk
12-12-2003, 10:53
betty crocker. gives you the basics and it is catagorized running pretty much the gamit from main courses, entres, breads, and deserts. i still use it, and i got it in sept. 1971, a wedding gift.

BrassInPocket
12-13-2003, 10:15
Betty Crocker of course!

I thought that was just the best cookbook, until....
I recently bought a cookbook from Mama Dip called, "Mama Dips Kitchen" She's from N.C, and she has all the southern food recipes in her book. They are easy to follow recipes, and good too!

PatrolMom
12-15-2003, 10:20
Originally posted by Zak3056
So what was your first cookbook?

My first was "The Kids Cookbook: Yum! I eat it" by Patricia Barrett-Dragan. It was given to me when I was 7 (22 years ago) by my father's girlfriend. I still have it around the house, believe it or not, though I Don't actually cook from it anymore. ;f

I admit, this is something of a fluff thread, but the "sloppy joe" post brought back memories.

Julia Child...they make them all, but Julia's is the best!