Got my first deer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got my first deer

txgolfer45
12-11-2003, 17:38
I went hunting this weekend with two buddies. We were on the family land of one of the buddies in Palo Pinto County. He set me up in one location and the other guy in a different location. We didn't see or shoot any deer on Saturday. But, Sunday morning, I'm in a ground level deer stand. We get there before first light. I'm waiting for sunrise cause I can't see anything. As the sun begins to rise, I see three forms off in the distance. Can't tell what they are. Have to just wait for more light. Finally, enough light to see that there are three deer there. One lifts its head and I can now see that all three are does. They are about 75 yds out. I line up my shot, deep breath, exhale, hold, focus, steady.... I pull the trigger and bam. I see one deer bolt left and one deer bolt right. Didn't see the third deer. Waited in my deer stand. My buddy drives up in the pickup truck. I tell him I think I hit it, but not sure. I hop in the truck. We drive over to where I said the deer were. Sure enough, there is a doe on the ground. Dropped right where she was shot. Turns out, I got it right behind the shoulder, through the heart and shattered the shoulder on the far side. My first deer!!!!

I used my Remington 700 ADL in .270 with a Leopold VX-I 3-9X40 scope and a 130 gr. Remington Express Core-Lokt cartridge. It performed quite well!

Now I want to get out there after some bucks!!!

Scott

f1b32oPTic
12-11-2003, 17:54
great shot!

Dan
12-11-2003, 21:38
CONGRATS !! ~2 ^5

mudfootball
12-11-2003, 22:13
its addicting , dont say i didnt tell you so! congrats
kt

TScottW99
12-11-2003, 22:50
Congrat's!! Sounds like a great hunt! Good luck on getting your buck.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-12-2003, 06:36
You done good.

Broadside on a calm deer, at close enough range, with a good caliber, and good shooting skills. Well placed shot. Great to have them drop right there, you took her nicely.

Hopefully you will continue these kinds of shots in the future. ;c

Michigun
12-12-2003, 07:34
Awwwe... tracking is the fun part....... ;)

Congratulations on your 1st!

RJ Schuknecht
12-15-2003, 18:02
Congratulations on your deer. Sounds like you had fun. That`s what it is all about.

kels
12-15-2003, 19:48
Congrats on the deer.
It makes great meat for fajatas............
Among other things