"Boozing up" a fruitcake: how to? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Boozing up" a fruitcake: how to?

The Pontificator
12-17-2003, 21:07
Bought one o' them store-bought fruitcakes at the supermarket today and thought it could use a good dose of soakin' in a little firewater.

How is this best done? I was going to gently poke some holes in it with a fork, douse liberally with bourbon, and then wrap it in Saran Wrap, then put it in a ziplock bag.

Would this work?

MrsKitty
12-17-2003, 22:55
Never done it before, but I don't see why not.

Or you could skip the Saran Wrap and Zip Loc bags and just use Rubbermaid bowl just barely big enough, depending on the size of the cake and the bowls you own.

If you try it like that and you ain't happy with the results, send them on to me;e

MrsKitty
12-17-2003, 22:56
You could also inject some good juice with a meat marinator;)

The Pontificator
12-18-2003, 01:55
It's not a big fruitcake. 1 lb. oblong, pre-sliced and it cost $3 so if it doesn't turn out no big deal.

Glockerel
12-18-2003, 02:28
Pont-
You've got the right idea. After I bake mine, I poke holes with a skewer and pour single malt scoth into it. I rewrap and do this weekly for 3 weeks. Never tried it with a store bought one, but should be fine.

JPB
12-18-2003, 17:35
Originally posted by Glockerel
Pont-
You've got the right idea. After I bake mine, I poke holes with a skewer and pour single malt scoth into it. I rewrap and do this weekly for 3 weeks. Never tried it with a store bought one, but should be fine.

Food felony. First degree slaughter of malt whisky. For shame.;1