Duck hunting in DFW? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Duck hunting in DFW?

Ziess
12-18-2003, 01:12
Anyone know of any good public duck hunting spots in the DFW area or within an hours drive?
thanks
~Ziess~

txgolfer45
12-21-2003, 14:20
As you probably already know, you need a permit to hunt public lands. From what I understand, Lake Ray Roberts is supposed to be pretty good. You will need a Corp of Engineers permit to hunt at Lake Grapevine and Lake Lewisville.

Scott

striderglock
12-21-2003, 21:27
Best bets would be to visit a Texas Fish&Game office and look over the public hunting (type II) book and see what/where they have property you can hunt.

Also, contact the Corps of Engineers office and request a book of all the hunting opportunities. Then from there you can find out what you need to do to hunt specific areas. Some are open for certain species but some are by permit only.

You will have to obtain a Texas hunters safety certificate before hunting any Corps land regardless of age. This time of year classes are scarce and fill up quickly.

It's probably late in the year to start looking too. A guided hunt or day lease would be a good idea.

Ziess
12-23-2003, 17:23
Well I bought my 5 day non-res permit and a federal duck stamp and headed out to East Texas with a buddy and his dad. We did fantastic with 3 limits by 10:00. I've forgotten how much fun hunting is and now I've got the bug again...
~Ziess~