Texas style hot beef sausages ( HELP) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Texas style hot beef sausages ( HELP)

noway
12-18-2003, 12:59
Hello, can any fellow Texans help out a relocated Texan.

I'm looking for various BBQ places in central Texas that have a Meyers-like style of hotsauges that are available online for delivery? I been custom to Elgin Meyers and the "Southside market" sausages and the greasy Kurez market sausages in Lockhart from living in that areas as a kid.

I'm trying to get an idea of ALL available sausages located in central Texas and trying them all, to check out flavoring and taste. I just order $70.00 of Meyers sausage for a New Years Eve cookout.

thanks.

allanc
12-18-2003, 13:04
You can't forget about City Market in Luling. Prause Meat Market in La Grange is pretty good, too. There is also a good place in Smithville but I can't think of its name.

For BBQ in general, I like Coopers in Llano.

As a Central Texas native, let me know if I can be of any assistance. :cool:

noway
12-18-2003, 13:37
I'm pretty familiar with Smithville since most of my dad's family live in that location and Bastrop. Their sausage ( if I'm thinking of the same meat market ) is like Kreuz very greasy, brisket is good.

Have you ever eaten at (IIRC) Black's BBQ in Lockhart? How are their sausages? Also you are right in City Market is very very VERY good.

allanc
12-18-2003, 13:58
That isn't the place I'm thinking about in Smithville. Kruez is in Lockhart.

I've been to Black's in Lockhart. Smitty's is also good. I like City Market in Luling. My dad has family in Luling.

For good steaks around Smithville, the best place is Murphy's in Winchester.