How many of us in the industry have to work the holidays?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How many of us in the industry have to work the holidays??

flygirl
12-20-2003, 03:42
I myself have to work Christmas eve,Christmas day eve and News Year eve, the night shift. I dispatch for Singapore Airlines, Nippon Cargo Airlines, Air China Airlines and do flight watch for Royal Air Force. Our flight schedule is full durring the holidays and I will be amoung many that have to keep the aircraft flying. My hats off to all of those that have to put in a days work while the rest of the world has the privelege of spending a holiday at home with their loved ones. If any of you are flying over Alaska airspace give me a call. HF 129.75 and say how your doing. If you need any flight information just ask. I'll be standing by. My name is Garen.

Superfueler
12-20-2003, 06:39
I have to work christmas eve, and new years day, I have everything else off.

12-23-2003, 19:09
I work from the 24th to the 26th. But that's OK. There are a lot of pilots out of work these days. And it's like I always say: I would rather be working on Christmas, than unemployed on Christmas.;)

fingers
12-31-2003, 12:58
I managed to get New Years off but I flew over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was in Singapore and Tokyo for Thanksgiving and Amsterdam over Christmas. Its no fun and a part of the job most people don't appreciate.

Tucsonstan
01-02-2004, 05:00
I work as an inspector for Sky West Airlines and just finished working Christmas Eve,Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Work the graveyard shift since all our planes fly during the day. Seems like time goes by faster for all who work the night train!!;f

Bushflyr
01-02-2004, 05:32
What's a holiday? ^8