Hat's Pizza Baked Spaghetti [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hat's Pizza Baked Spaghetti

SomeGuyInAHat
12-22-2003, 23:19
This is a great dish that I started making on my own after Fazolli's took it off the menu. All of the ingredients are approximate, as I just sort of throw it together.

2 Spicy Italian sausages, I prefer Johnsonville
1 pound spaghetti noodles
1 pound shredded mozarella cheese
10-12 slices of peperroni, or as much as you'd like to use
1 jar of prego meat sauce, or homeade if you prefer

Crumble and brown sausage. Drain and set aside.

Boil spaghetti al dente. Drain.

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a caserole dish, toss together crumbled sausage, spaghetti, and meat sauce. Cover with shredded cheese and peperroni. Bake until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy with a pilsner or red wine.

Mild Bill
12-24-2003, 15:56
Spectacular!
;c

I love BAKED Spaghetti with melted, browned cheese on top...
The Greek restaurant near me does it like that.

But the pepperoni and sausage must put it outta the park!

;c ;c

Shoeless
12-25-2003, 17:55
DAMN that sounds good!

Shoeless

Mild Bill
12-27-2003, 12:16
Just this morning Paula Deen on the Food Network did a kickin' baked Spaghetti...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_24294,00.html

Cali-Glock
12-30-2003, 10:28
Passed this recipe on to my wife and guess what she made for dinner last night. We had some hot sausages from our favorite meat market - WOW - it was great! We had ham for Christmas dinner, so we used leftover ham instead of pepperoni - was wonderful!

Thanks!

SomeGuyInAHat
01-02-2004, 22:41
Made it tonight, here's a photo.
http://members.cox.net/someguyinahat/pbs.jpg

Lone Wolff
01-11-2004, 12:39
My college roomate's mom used to make us a dish she called "Cavatini" that was very similar to this, but using mostaciolli(sp) noodles instead. She also had mushroooms for those of us that enjoy them.

She'd have 4-5 covered oven dishes made up for us, frozen. We'd take one out of the freezer in the morning before class, and when we got home we'd throw it in the oven for an hour.

I'm going to try your recipe this week.