Turtles & Frogs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Turtles & Frogs?

Cali-Glock
12-23-2003, 13:16
After walking through Chinatown, I don't even want to know how they fix a lot of the stuff we saw.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/RobinsonReport/images/photos/sf14.jpg

Darn! I wanted to take my frogs home alive and eat him alive!

noway
12-23-2003, 13:29
FYI: Frog legs taste like dark meat chicken. Turtles Soup I never had,but heard it is good. Their eggs are very good also.

Cali-Glock
12-23-2003, 13:35
Originally posted by noway
FYI: Frog legs taste like dark meat chicken. Turtles Soup I never had,but heard it is good. Their eggs are very good also.

Don't have much desire to try frogs legs, but turtle soup sounds pretty good.

I just like the sign - it is too funny to me. What turned me off as we walked through the markets was some of the hanging birds, piles of fish heads and other strange sights... My in-laws and my wife were actually the squemish ones, I wanted to to some buying - if for no other reason but to push their buttons.

fnfalman
12-23-2003, 17:36
It's been a long time but I had fresh sea turtle meat when I was in Malaysia nearly 20 years ago. It reminded me of pork. The eggs were awesome!

Frog legs, nothing too exotic about that.

ExxoticOne
12-23-2003, 18:03
Bon appetite!

(I'm kidding)

Penman
12-23-2003, 18:32
Turtle steak is very nice, a bit like veal with a stringy texture.

hwyhobo
12-23-2003, 18:35
Turtle soup I had once in Singapore, at a Malaysian food stand. It was full of green spices and quite good.

Frog legs I ate last time at a Vietnamese restaurant here in San Jose, a number of years ago. They were prepared with lemon grass and other aromatic additions. They were delicious.

MrsKitty
12-24-2003, 01:32
Exxotic,

Is that adorable little guy a pet?

He is soooo cute!!!

pesticidal
12-24-2003, 05:06
Turtles for food? I'm getting outta here!

[http://pestysplace.com/images/webpics/turtle.jpg

ExxoticOne
12-24-2003, 07:00
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Exxotic,

Is that adorable little guy a pet?

He is soooo cute!!!

He does have a certain appeal to him huh? I live on a nature preserve so in addition to gators, snakes, wild boar, peacock hens, etc. etc. I share my backyard with him. Here's another pic....

MrsKitty
12-24-2003, 07:40
He is precious!

And I am more of a "froggie" and "fuzzie" fan myself;)

I would live in a ZOO if it was up to me, minus the doggies I am allergic to;1

I discovered my kitties sleeping under the Christmas tree this morning. (No presents are under there so they have plenty of room to play.)

Cajun
01-22-2004, 20:42
Turtle soup and frog legs are very common dishes in my area.

Actually..... there are very few things we won't eat ;f

MissKitty, if you are ever down this way i'd be glad to expose you to some of the finer foods in life (that was really difficult to express with out sounding like a pervert!)

MrsKitty
01-23-2004, 08:58
Originally posted by Cajun
Turtle soup and frog legs are very common dishes in my area.

Actually..... there are very few things we won't eat ;f

MissKitty, if you are ever down this way i'd be glad to expose you to some of the finer foods in life (that was really difficult to express with out sounding like a pervert!)

I will take you up on that if I ever venture down that way;)

kckndrgn
01-23-2004, 09:15
I must admit I've eatin' snapping turtle twice in my life and I doubt I ever will again.

I didn't really care for it, rather tough. And the dumb things just wont die!! Yes we killed and processed the meat ourselves (the result of growing up on a farm).

Not to get in to too much detail but after the heads were chopped off the turtle was hung upside down to "drain". The next morning the shells were removed and we removed the meat. What made me quesy(sp?) both times was the fact that the leggs were still moving and the heart still beating ;g - even after having the head remove for 12+ hrs.

Sorry if this was too much detail, but just had to relate my turtle experiance.

pcollins
01-28-2004, 19:41
Turtle and frogs are ok, Gator tid bits rule!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMMMM.