Low Carb Drunk [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Drunk

Wayne02
12-23-2003, 20:30
I'm almost four weeks into the South Beach low carb diet. I haven't had fast food, bread, pasta, cookies, candy, doughnuts, desserts, potato's, fruit, or alcohol for more then 3 weeks now... ok, that's a lie, I had a glass of wine a couple of days ago.

The good book says wine (red, Claret, burgundy, rose, white) is ok at one glass per night, but doesn't allow much other alcohol, except for a very limited amount of a vodka and tomato juice mixed drink. I'm a rum and diet coke type guy, or Jack Daniels whiskey. The book says diet soda is ok, but is listed as "limited".

So, is this what it has come down to, I can drink one glass of wine every night and that's it???? How many carbs and sugars are in rum and JD? Limited diet soda eh? Well, if I jack up the amount of rum, and reduce the amount of soda, that's limited, right?:)

Also, how much is a glass of wine, 8 oz.? I'm drinking this wine that comes in these little bottles... looks like a "glass" of wine to me. ;P Says it has 187ml in it, how many oz. is that?

Wayne

hwyhobo
12-23-2003, 21:08
Originally posted by Wayne02:
Says it has 187ml in it, how many oz. is that?6.6 fl oz.

Shoeless
12-24-2003, 09:32
So Wayne, you never told us how the South Beach Diet is working for you after four weeks!

Shoeless

ExxoticOne
12-24-2003, 14:13
If you want a nice change...you can do a refreshing drink with a 1-3 ratio of raspberry flavored vodka and raspberry flavored seltzer. Very low in carbs. That is my "diet" drink.

Wayne02
12-26-2003, 15:17
Originally posted by Shoeless
So Wayne, you never told us how the South Beach Diet is working for you after four weeks!
Shoeless
I was at about 10-12lbs. of weight loss near the beginning of week 3. Have not checked it recently though. I would expect the weight loss to slow as I slowly add selected carbs back in. But I also return to my four day a week gym schedule next week, so we will see how it goes.

Wayne