Sport Pilot ruling; how will it impact you? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sport Pilot ruling; how will it impact you?

Skyhook
12-25-2003, 04:01
I am checking this Sport Pilot stuff out once more and have come to the conclusion it won't effect my flying much in any way; at least not for a few years.
How about you, will this, http://www.sportpilot.org/ present you with new possibilities, new horizons?

ScubaSven
12-25-2003, 14:49
I think it depends on how popular it will become. The October issue of Popular Mechanics claims that there are a number of manufacturers which are planning to build small, single engine, two-seaters for the new "market" of pilots. They predicted that many would be available for around $50,000. (The article has a couple of pictures, as well.) If this is the case, it would have an effect on me, making ownership much less expensive. The idea of a weekend, fun plane is very appealing to me.

Skyhook
12-26-2003, 03:51
Excellent point, ScubaSven. Actually that would have come in very handy had it been around when I first opted in.

(BTW, I hope your Feb vacation goes well. The entire thing is novel and interesting.)

ScubaSven
12-26-2003, 09:13
Originally posted by Skyhook
Excellent point, ScubaSven. Actually that would have come in very handy had it been around when I first opted in.

(BTW, I hope your Feb vacation goes well. The entire thing is novel and interesting.)

Thanks, Skyhook. :) We were hoping for the vacation to be closer to Christmas, but coordinating schedules was difficult.

vafish
01-16-2004, 05:45
So what's the deal with the Sport Pilot license?

Is the ruling actually going to happen, or was it just a proposal?

I saw the cover of the PM magazine you guys mentioned and flipped through it at a magazine rack.

Haven't heard anything else about it.

******** edited to add ***********

Sorry guys, just went to the web site listed in the first post. It answers my questions.

hapuna
01-16-2004, 12:02
It could be very good for my situation. If the pricing is good I might want to get a sport pilot plane where I live. The other plane is based rather far from me and is a pain to get to so there is virtually no spontaneous flying. I could keep one here where I live and use it to go to my other plane if I need more capability. I think I might need a waiver to fly under the Class B however.