Fat-Free Foods - YUCK! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fat-Free Foods - YUCK!

ExxoticOne
12-25-2003, 12:48
So a bunch of us are sitting around waiting for the "real meal" to be served and my "well intentioned" girlfriend brings over a "no-fat" spread...no fat cookies, no-fat chips, no-fat dip, no fat-creamer, etc...

I watched the look on her face as she took her first bites...;P She did not look too thrilled...

I've just tasted fat-free sour cream/onion dip for the first (and last) time...

I am watching her gingerly throw everything into the trash...;f

Eggnog for everyone!!!! Yeah!!!!;H ;8

Toyman
12-25-2003, 13:39
Fat Free? Why?

45acp4me
12-25-2003, 13:47
Jello brand sugar and fat free chocolate pudding is actually *very* good. I was shocked the first time I tried it, it's almost exactly the same as the original.

Cheers!
Glen

gudel
12-25-2003, 14:32
Originally posted by Toyman
Fat Free? Why?

it's women's thing. ;f

jawjaboy
12-25-2003, 15:02
The only fat free food that I REALLY like is Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing. It's better than the original as a marinaide for meats. However, it's not my favorite salad dressing.

MrsKitty
12-25-2003, 15:18
I know I am rather quirkey, but I do like fat free sour cream;P;e

Fat free foods....Food Forum? Hmm....;)

23skidoo
12-25-2003, 19:01
I'm with you Exxotic One. Fat free anything usually is accompanied by a chorus of "blech" noises....nasty. If the very midst of a dumbass attack a few years ago I decided to make a fat free cheesecake. I purchased fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream, used egg beaters instead of the real thing....baked the aforementioned concoction just like a real cheese cake and bingo! Nasty cheese something or the other for everyone! Never again.

another okie
12-26-2003, 10:45
Fat-free (skim) milk is not too bad if you put about four tablespoons of Hershey's syrup in a glass of it. (Hershey's is also fat-free.)

Fat-free yogurt is OK.

Lay's fat free Wow chips are not too bad, at least some varieties.

Archway makes a fat-free oatmeal raisin cookie which is very good.