Blue Cheeze - hmmmm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cheeze - hmmmm

Clyde
12-26-2003, 09:22
Ok I'm not a cook and I don't play one on TV (Or at home) but I am pretty good at eating. ;f I have found myself on a Blue cheese kick here lately. Had dinner at OUTBACK Steakhouse (http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/) and had the Victoria’s Filet® with Blue cheese on top ---- Yum Yum. I Have also had hamburgers with Blue Cheese at verious places. I have also been keeping Blue cheese crumbles in the house for crackers...

So what else is good with That There BLUE Cheese...

Thanx.....

noway
12-26-2003, 10:23
Blue cheese is one of my favorite cheese for salads when I eat them.

If you are really up to it, try "Goat" Blue Cheese. Very tasting and common in Frnace and Spain as good or better than Goat Gouda. Great with crackers and wine. You might have to do a little searching around in your town or try the upscale food store & deli.

Shoeless
12-26-2003, 11:03
MMMMM I LOVE THE BLEU!

Try it crumbled onto fresh mixed greens with either apples or pears. Delish!

It is also great to use in mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes. YUM!

For a real treat, head over to www.epicurious.com and type BLUE CHEESE into the search window... you'll get a whole bunch of options! Have fun!!

Shoeless

Eddie C.
12-26-2003, 16:45
I love Blue Cheese. Hmmmmmmmm....... I like it on my salads, on crackers, on hamburgers, on well.....you name it.;f

rhikdavis
12-26-2003, 17:20
I dip fries in it.....

Mild Bill
12-26-2003, 18:31
Pick up some Stilton!!

It's the big cheese from England and is like a GREAT Cheddar, but bleued... Knockout stuff!!

In one bite, eat two seedless grapes and a small piece of Stilton or Bleu...
It goes great together...

The grape thing works with lots of stronger cheeses...

Ex: Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar... Good stuff...

Bone appateet!

;c

noway
12-26-2003, 19:27
{Pick up some Stilton!!}

I agreed but the Maytag Blue is just as good and better (IMHO).

Most people laugh at me when I tell them Blue cheese is " a controlled moldy cheese" ( that how you get the blue part in the cheese )

Shoeless
12-26-2003, 20:46
MMMMMMMaytag bleu on a filet mignon... ::::drool:::

Shoeless

Clyde
12-27-2003, 19:16
For a real treat, head over to www.epicurious.com and type BLUE CHEESE into the search window... you'll get a whole bunch of options! Have fun!!

Thanx Great site

And I'll be looking for "Stilton" and the Goat Blue :)

Thanx ;f

Shoeless
12-28-2003, 22:26
Tonight at Outback, I tried their "blue cheese chopped salad" as a side with my meal. It's a new salad they have added (well, new since I've last been there anyway).

It was really yummy!

Mixed iceberg and romaine lettuces, candied pecans, red cabbage, carrots, blue cheese vinaigrette, and crumbled blue cheese. (I think I remembered everything). Chopped all together into small pieces - DELICIOUS! I could have just eaten that as my meal if it had been a bit bigger!

Shoeless

Eddie C.
12-29-2003, 06:22
We have a restaurant in Milford, CT that I never went to prior being married, called "The Gathering". Well on our honeymoon in 1982 we were in Ft. Lauderdale and there was a restaurant "The Gathering" and we said let's give it a shot. Well we found out at the time there were only three of them in the USA.

Well they had a salad bar, which at the time, they called the largest of it's kind. I think it had 75 different items. They had two people just to work on it and keep everything full, clean, and fresh. When you get a meal the salad bar is free. I have been to the restaurant maybe a dozen times since, mostly here in CT. They had the absolute best blue cheese dressing I ever had and the greatest salad bar. I have yet to eat my meal in that resaurant. I get filled up at the salad bar. You'd think I would of learned and just ordered a salad.^8

nickg
12-29-2003, 10:16
LOVE bleu cheese.

and to take it one step further in regards to topping a steak with it -- also add a nice dollop of hot wing sauce (don't drown it in the stuff) to the steak before topping it with the cheese. excellent with a filet!!

YUMMY!!!!

noway
12-29-2003, 10:47
another good cheese web site is locate at;

http://www.imported-cheese.com/

great cheese and a good to follow menu of various cheese by type and region. You save alot if you in bulk.

fnfalman
12-29-2003, 10:59
Blue cheese is THE BEST!!!

Of course, the king of blue cheeses is the Roquefort. ~2

Cali-Glock
12-29-2003, 11:19
Cheese Ball:

4 ounces Blue Cheese
8 ounced cream cheese
1 bunch of green onions chopped fine
Worshirshire sauce to taste

mix the above:

I add some chopped (fine) almonds and parsley to the ball itself, though I was origionally taught to use ~4-8 ounces of finley chopped almonds along with a head of finly chopped parsely to roll the finishe ball in...

Delicious! Everyone loves it!

California Jack
12-29-2003, 15:12
Clyde,

My suggestion is to just eat bleu cheese. Don't put it on anything. Now reason to foul the taste of great cheese with the taste of meat, veggies or crackers.

Jack

hispeedlodrag
12-29-2003, 17:16
Roast some elephant garlic (wrap in foil with a tablespoon of olive oil or water -- bake at 325 for about 40-60 minutes). Squeeze garlic out of the cloves onto good bread. Add blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, and bake/broil until brown.

Great appetizer.

California Jack
12-29-2003, 17:19
garlic and bleu cheese. WOW! Can it get ANY better?

Eddie C.
12-29-2003, 18:17
Originally posted by hispeedlodrag
Roast some elephant garlic (wrap in foil with a tablespoon of olive oil or water -- bake at 325 for about 40-60 minutes). Squeeze garlic out of the cloves onto good bread. Add blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, and bake/broil until brown.

Great appetizer.

My wife does this to garlic. She has those claypots to bake them in. I never thought of trying it with blue cheese. Thanks!

Grabbrass
01-07-2004, 15:32
MildBill wrote:
Pick up some Stilton!!

Well, I did. And, it's great. Thanks to the sharpness, one of the better tasting veined cheeses I've had. (I also like to get "Saga" occasionally, which is like a bleu/brie mix.) Only thing is, my wife can't stand to be in the same room as the Stilton. She is from Japan and I can only imagine how offensive the odor of this stuff must be to her! Anyway now anytime I get out the Stilton I have to go to the upstairs TV room and watch TV by myself.

Looks like I'll be buying some more Stilton!!!! ~1 ~1 ~1 ~1

Penman
01-07-2004, 21:46
Blue Cheese Dressing:

One cup of sour cream
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons minced onion
dash of tobasco sauce
dash of freshly ground pepper
about 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

buttermilk (see below)

mix the first six ingredients in a bowl, break up any large chunks of the cheese. Add the buttermilk gradually, to thin the dressing to your taste, go slowly, you can always add more later. Store the dressing in a jar, and let sit overnight. Stir well before serving the first time. Use it up in a week or so.

Thanks to Walt Wilmoth, a chef I once worked for in Seattle.

Shinichi
01-08-2004, 15:34
Blue cheese, yummy!

crumbled over a spinach salad with a touch of bacon and a balsamic vinegar dressing. the vinegar slowly melts the cheese in your salad. mmmmmh.

And Stilton roques!!(rocks, getit?)

bachchoy
01-08-2004, 15:37
;g