weird question (bare with me if you have the patience only) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : weird question (bare with me if you have the patience only)

gentle ben
12-29-2003, 00:43
Hey guys,

Oddball question, for curiosity reasons ONLY. You know those sample lab animals they keep in alcohol or phamaldohyde for lab display? If someone tried to cook and eat one of those, would they get sick?

I AM NOT CONSIDERING DOING THIS. I am just curious and thought those of you that know about meat and/or science could give me an answer.

thanks,

Ben

onemilmhz
12-29-2003, 02:52
;g
You're up late and THIS is what you're thinking about? Well, I do remember something about pharmaldohyde being a by-product of homemade liquor (moonshine) and causing blindness and death when consumed so probably.

WalterGA
12-29-2003, 09:18
"weird question (bare with me if you have the patience only)"

Do we really have to get naked with you, in order to answer a stupid question? ;)

AAshooter
12-29-2003, 09:26
I know someone who ate a preserved clam or mussel on a dare/bet . . . it didn't kill them but they felt no so good for the rest of the day.

Your question sounds like the start of a good redneck joke or the story of a Darwin winner.

noway
12-29-2003, 09:47
pharmaldohyde in big quanities is a posion so yes and no, but eating any animal being preserve in it would not be to wise.

hcook
12-29-2003, 11:07
Here's a link (found via the OSHA website) that describes some of the effects of formaldehyde: http://www.dhs.cahwnet.gov/ohb/HESIS/formal.htm

If you don't want to take the time to read it, suffice it to say you don't want to ingest the stuff.

CanyonMan
12-29-2003, 14:39
gentle ben,
said... (quote)... "You know those sample lab animals they keep in alcohol or phamaldohyde for lab display? If someone tried to cook and eat one of those, would they get sick? (end quote).

Hoss, I'll say this. I have "NO CLUE," if eating a 'animal cadaver' out of a jar would make some one sick or not...BUT, MY thought is. That a person would already "have to be sick," to even do it!

onemilmhz, WalterGA, y'alls post!

"WHEW," MAN, LOLROF............ Sorry man this tore me up!!!

CanyonMan

mudfootball
12-29-2003, 16:01
Im a bio student, i have seen hundreds of animals and their organs in one preservative or another and not one of them looked slightly tasty! Definetely a weird question and yes you would get poisoned
kt

kf4zra
12-29-2003, 23:55
ill tell ya, only if you hold my beer while im findin out.

John

lomfs24
12-30-2003, 01:06
Here, hold my sign, I don't want to lose it.