Deep Fat Fried Duck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deep Fat Fried Duck

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 04:06
So far I have only found one really good way to eat duck.

For this you will need the following:
1 pound of duck meat
1 package of Lousianna Seasoned Fish fry (yep fish fry)
deep fat fryer with grease
Ketchup
1 large zip lock baggie
Some milk

Day 1:
Fillet the duck meat off of the breast of the duck after cleaing. To do this I like to grab a hand full of the breast feather and rip em out. Then take both my thumbs and pull apart the skin. Pull it down of the breast of the duck. Take a knife and fillet each side of the breast off starting at the breast bone until you get two nice fillets. Cut into bite size pieces and soak in a tub of milk and water with some salt mixed in. Let set over night.

Day 2:
Plug in the deep fat fryer and let it warm up. Take your pieces of duck and wash them off good. Make sure there are no steel pellots in them. Legailty note: There should only be steel or tunsten pellots if any in the duck and no lead ;f ;f. Cut open the fish fry and dump it into the large ziplock baggie. Take your pieces of wet duck and dump them in the bag. Shake them up really good. Take them out and place them in the fryer until they float.

Let cool just a bit and then the kicker................dip them in ketchup and enjoy. You can reuse the bag of fish fry for a later date by sealing it and storing it in the freezer.

Take Care
"duck"

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 04:11
Learned this when I was 12. I started hunting duck alot with my uncle (hince the name duckslayer79) and he didnt eat them. I tried them and didnt like it. Rather than let it go to waste I gave it to my great aunt. After she died I didnt have anybody that would take the meat so I started experminting with it and came up with this. It does really taste good. The milk and salt tenderizes the meat and takes alot of the gamey tasted out.

The fish fry is call "Lousianna Fish Fry". I buy it at dillons and it comes in a blue and white baggie.

Take Care
"duck"

Hines57
12-31-2003, 07:46
Dice the duck, soak it to get rid of the flavor, bread it, fry it, eat with ketchup?

Why don't you just get chicken McNuggets?

Glenn E. Meyer
12-31-2003, 09:49
Tea smoked duck at the Cninese restaurant. Yum.
I've had roast duck at fine restaurants and that was great.

So the recipe is great but there are many ways to eat duck!!

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 10:37
Originally posted by Hines57
Dice the duck, soak it to get rid of the flavor, bread it, fry it, eat with ketchup?

Why don't you just get chicken McNuggets?

If you kill it ya gotta eat it. So I might as find a way to eat it that makes it taste better.

Take Care
"duck"

ExxoticOne
12-31-2003, 12:31
If you happen to have one of those Ronco rotissieres....

smear that duck all over with apricot jelly, put an onion, apple, and garlic bulb in the cavity, dash of salt/pepper/paprika all over...

"Set it and forget it".

duckslayer79
12-31-2003, 15:48
UUUMMMMMMM

Thats got me thinkin. Thanks alot

Take Care
"duck"

f1b32oPTic
01-03-2004, 13:15
sounds grrrrrrreat!

Medford4
01-11-2004, 23:37
Glad to hear that. Been planning on shooting a duck just to try it on my George Foreman roterissie.