Where should I fish?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where should I fish??

hunter66
12-31-2003, 19:43
Trying to plan a fishing trip with some friends for late May. I would appreciate any ideas on where to go and what to go for. Last year we spent in northern MN. catching Walleye and Pike. Give me your favorite hot spots. Much appreciated.

Vic303
12-31-2003, 21:35
I hear Lake Texoma is good. Stripers I think...D@mn big fish, anyway.

noway
01-01-2004, 23:17
First off what do you want to fish ? ( salt? fresh? )

Fl is still the #1 fishing capital and all year around for freshwater ( bass/crappie ) and alt has alot to offer on both gulfcoats or atlantic side and both inshore and offshore.

Also the weather would be much much milder than let's say MN. ;f

G27G19
01-04-2004, 17:32
I'm assuming your are talking about fresh water fishing.

I really only know some spots in the west.
Big Stripers in Lake McConaughy (Sp) in Nebraska.
great fun for White Bass in the early AM (follow the seagulls- they will be eating some type of minnows off the top and the white bass get underneath also- great time)

Colorado- Granby Resevoir might be really good in late may if the ice is off for some nice rainbows/ browns/ Big Lake trout. Williams fork for Walleye and Northerns

I hear you cant go wrong around Jackson Wyoming also- I plan on finding out.

I just moved to Idaho there are some excellent places here too, too many to mention.

OH37
01-06-2004, 13:13
I've been to Lake Ontario in August and caught some monster King Salmon. You can also catch Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, and Steelhead. I've never gone there in May, but from what I've been told; you can catch a lot more fish in the spring, but they aren't as big. If you want info., let me know. I'll get the name and # of the guide that we go out with.

paynter2
01-07-2004, 10:55
Hunter - where in MN were you fishing last year?

If you're interested in walleye and pike again. I have some friends who have a first class fly-in operation in Canada. They have 7 camps on 7 different lakes. Which lake you go to depends on the size of your group and $. One of their camps is on a 25000 acre lake. I believe they are the only camp on it. Fabulous fishing. Best part is, you don't have to go in late May or early June to find good fishing. They are far enough up that fishing is good all summer.

http://www.northcaribou.com