Game taken with G-26! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Game taken with G-26!

skfullgun
01-03-2004, 22:12
Bad news...only saw does and fawns on my last deer hunt of the season (in a buck only county).

Good news...I wounded a coyote with my Mosin Nagant M-44 and dispatched him to the big coyote den in the sky with a round from my Glock 26.

Later last night, as I made my way to the outhouse at the deer camp I saw a nice-sized cottontail. I drew my Glock 26(with NS) and aimed at the rabbit as he hopped off to a distance of 18 yeards (yes I walked it off after the shot!). I fired one round from the Glock and hit him at the base of the skull ( I LOVE those Trijicons!)

He is currently awaiting attention in the refrigerator as I investigate Elmer Fudd's rabbit recipes!

357glocker
01-04-2004, 06:37
Quarter him up and fry it in the skillet. Make some gravy and you'll have a delicious wabbit! BTW good shot!

G27G19
01-04-2004, 17:34
Nice shot (or lucky ?) either way ^c

Alchemy
01-04-2004, 17:42
Good shooting on that wabbit. I once hit a pop can at 100 yds
on the first shot with my S&W Mod 60.

The guy standing next to said "I bet you cant do that again". I
said that I don't have too, cause I just did it. I've often
wondered how many rounds it would take me to do that again?

Tommy Gun
01-06-2004, 17:41
I was with two other hunters walking to our stands at mid day in northern New Hampshire a few years ago, when a rabit came hopping down a fire road towards us. We all had muzzle loaders (.54 & .50 cal.) and naturally they were too much gun for a rabit so I didn't give it much thought. It stopped several (20 aprox.) feet in front of us and gave us a look. He sat there and offered a nice profile for a moment. The next thing I knew, one of the guys in my party took a shot at that rabit and hit him behind the shoulder with his g26! It was a perfectly placed shot from that distance and the rabit went down instantly. ;)

skfullgun
01-31-2004, 19:40
I took Mr. Rabbit out of the freezer today and cooked him. Made a rabbit/vegetable soup. Delicious.

coboconk
02-01-2004, 10:43
I took a large snowshoe the last day of the hunt with my 06. I was coming back up the trail to the car, 45min walk. I came around a bend and there about fifty yards ahead in the middle of the trail sat the rabbit. I just put a new leupold 4x12x40 on my gun and figured what the heck. I took his head off clean and we had fresh rabbit for our last supper of the season in the camp. It was the end of a good season, a ten pointer, a spike, a rabbit.

skfullgun
02-07-2004, 22:09
Thanks for all the responses.

6forsure
02-08-2004, 07:21
A snake.

I pulled over to relieve myself on a lease road and while relieveing myself noticed a bumping sound on my boot. A little snake, probably not a foot long was biting at it. Freaked me out. I jumped back, pulled the pistol out of my backpocket, and emptied 9 rounds at it. Shot it in two pieces. Felt guilty as hell though. It was a bullsnake. ;g

shrpshtr
02-10-2004, 13:38
i have killed a couple of deer with well placed shots from my G23. both were withing 10 feet of the tree i was in and neck shots. i killed a 5' canebrake rattlesnake that was in a ground blind i use for bow hunting. i killed an enormous bobcat with a S&W .357 mag revolver a couple of years ago. iirc, the cat was almost 50lbs. he was scenting me and apparently wanted to know what i was so he came all the way up to the stand i was in.

skfullgun
02-18-2004, 21:12
Wow. I love to hunt.