The talking (empty) heads and flying... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The talking (empty) heads and flying...

Skyhook
01-05-2004, 04:57
Here's a real parallel to the two issues flying and shooting sports; When the Bellanca recently crashed into two homes killing both occupants of the plane and setting two homes ablaze, I heard, over a period of hours, talking heads from a couple of major networks say that a Bianca had crashed. Breath sprays(?!) usually do not crash and burn so I tossed the ignorant declaration aside and (almost) ignored it. Then I started thinking of other ridiculous (BS) statements made by the talking heads and remembered there were many which just proved the primary requirement for that job is well-kept hair, never mind that organ dwelling beneath that hair.
Remember the commentary about how dangerous "all those little planes" were after 9/11? See? This is a lot like the handgun issue, those who have their faces into the cameras are basically ignorant as 'H' and say whatever comes into their poorly educated minds. (Rant finished)

What I have been doing is writing (emailing) the networks news HQs and alerting them to the fact that inaccuracy is often unnecessary.
I haven't seen any major positive changes, though. ;Q

Texas T
01-06-2004, 00:15
Originally posted by Skyhook
Bianca had crashed. Breath sprays(?!)
Breath spray would be Binaca, not Bianca. Bianca was a dancer I met at an (ahem) gentleman's facility late one evening. ;)

those who have their faces into the cameras are basically ignorant as 'H' and say whatever comes into their poorly educated minds.
Actually, all they are doing is reading what someone else has written. It's very rare for any anchorperson to write their own copy these days.

Soooo.... I haven't heard about this since the day after the crash. Initial comments from the investigators were that they were unsure if the doctor's comments were indicating he couldn't see the panel, or if the panel had just stopped working. Has any more been reported (accurately)?

T

sopdan
01-09-2004, 00:58
This is probably as accurate as your going to get at this point, though it doesn't really say much. (http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20040106X00018&key=1)