Those Lyin' Air Force pilots!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Those Lyin' Air Force pilots!!

Skyhook
01-09-2004, 09:57
A favorite story from former CNO Admiral Jim Holloway USN Retired.

One thing about Air Force pilots is that they lie a lot. You simply can't trust them at all. We had an argument one night at the Belvedere Inn, across from the main gate at NAS Pax River, a bunch of our F-14 Tomcat Pilots at Strike were arguing with some F-15 Eagle drivers from Langley about who was better at what and which airplane was better.

Well, we decided to settle it the next morning in the restricted area over the Chesapeake Bay. This is where we found out about how much Air Force pilots lie!!!

We all agreed to meet nose on at 35 thousand and settle it once and for all. Don't you know those lying, sneaky bastards showed up at 40 thousand. God, what a bunch of lying, low lifes those Air Force types were, showing up with a 5 thousand foot altitude advantage. Hell....if we hadn't been at 45 thousand, those lying Air Force dirtbags would have had us for breakfast!!!!!!!

flybywire
01-09-2004, 10:42
Now I know you're lyin'!!

Everyone knows F-14's can't get to 45k'!!

F4/F18/F16

Skyhook
01-09-2004, 11:00
Well, they're seen from time to time up dere 'round 53K'... course, not by any wennie landlubbers--- ;f

That's whut my Marine F-14 jock sez, anyhow.;N

flybywire
01-09-2004, 11:48
I'm just pullin' yer chain.

BTW, Marines don't have any F-14's.

Texas T
01-09-2004, 12:16
Originally posted by flybywire
BTW, Marines don't have any F-14's.
U.S. Marine Corps F-14 Tomcat Patch
Product Number: 3003_07182
http://www.4armedforces.com/product/3003_07182

http://static.zoovy.com/img/4armedforces/W300-H150-Bffffff/3003_07182

FB3
01-09-2004, 15:29
I knew some F-15 types who loved to mix it up with the F-14 in ACM. They said the variable sweep of the wing is the biggest airspeed indicator in the world!

Skyhook
01-09-2004, 15:40
BTW, Marines don't have any F-14's.(quote)

OH, zat so?

flybywire
01-09-2004, 20:03
Yep, zat so.

Skyhook
01-10-2004, 03:47
Are marines ever assigned to the Navy?

flybywire
01-10-2004, 10:25
One Marine pilot is - to the US Navy Air Demonstration team, the Blue Angels. The rest of the "Blues" are Navy.

They also have Marine pilots at the Navy Flight Test Center Pax River, and at China Lake (weapons test) and at NAS Fallon (Top Gun school - moved from Miramar, the setting for the "Top Gun" movie).

You know the Marines are a subset of the Navy. The Navy supports the Marines with chaplains, doctors, nurses, etc.

I went thru F/A-18 training at NAS Lemoore CA in VFA-125 (the West coast RAG). That squadron was was blended - about half Navy half Marines instructor pilots, because both services flew the F/A-18. But the Marine Corps does not now and never have flown the F-14. There may have been onesies, twosies of Marines to fly the airplane, but not as a Marine squadron.

Do a Google search of F-14 and you'll find, as I did, the conversion schedule of the remaining Navy squadrons from F-14's to the F/A-18F. All F-14 squadrons were VF-23, VF-101, etc. (without the "M"). Marine fighter squadrons are designated VMFA-451, VMFA-122, etc. (V-fixed wing, M-Marine, F-fighter role, A-attack role)

Hope this helps.

BTW, can't explain the patch mentioned above. You can have a patch made up to say anything.

F14Scott
01-19-2004, 23:27

Took an A model to 51K once, zoom climbing up there on my first flight (performance demo) in the RAG. Never went up into the "moronosphere" again, not with the TF-30s. Bad motors. Bad.

Sgt H
01-22-2004, 10:51
Hello Sirs. I'm not a pilot. I was one of those USAF Blue Beret types.

I don't know about USAF pilots lieing, but I know God doesn't.

Let me explain. I heard about an Air Force and a Navy pilot both dieing and going to heaven. At the pearly gates they met an angel and asked the question, "which pilots were better USAF or USN". The angel said he would ask God. Upon returning, the angel said that God had replied in a letter saying: "I appreciate the efforts of both services and their brave pilots. I protect both and am here to guide all men and women in uniform. Welcome to Heaven!" Signed God,
USAF retired. ;f

Santa CruZin
01-22-2004, 14:02
Now I know you're lyin'!!

F4/F18/F16

F-16? You switch services? Maybe the F-16N (assuming it was realized)? If so, gotta link?

F14Scott
01-22-2004, 21:27
Originally posted by Sgt H
Signed God,
USAF retired. ;f

A U.S. Navy Master Chief dies and is met at the pearly gates by St. Peter. The BMCM (Boatswains Mate), as salty a black shoe as there ever was, says to St. Peter, "I'll come in there on one condition. I don't want to see a single naval aviator, and especially not a Navy fighter pilot, for the rest of eternity. Those egotistical, vain, pompus officers made my life hell for 31 years, and if I never see another one, it will be too soon."

St. Peter reassures him, "Master Chief, what do you think the odds of finding a Navy fighter pilot inside the gates of heaven are?"

Thinking about it for a moment, the Master Chief smiles and then says, "O.K. St. Pete, count me in. Which way to the club? I could use a cold, frosty one after the transit up here."

St. Peter leads him to a great looking club, with a long, beautiful wooden bar, plenty of Navy memorabilia on the walls, a nice pool table, and a very pretty bartender. No sooner has she drawn him a huge free beer than in through the door walks the Master Chief's worst nightmare. Six feet tall with a Fu Manchu mustache, wide shoulders and a narrow waist, the man is dressed in a sloppy, frayed flight suit, unshined brown boots, and a pair of mirrored sunglasses. On each arm is a knockout blonde who giggles at his every word. Strutting by the Master Chief, he parks himself at a corner table and starts telling stories with his hands, his large Rolex glinting in the light.

Stunned, the Master Chief turns to St. Peter and growls, red-faced, "I thoght you said there wouldn't be any naval aviators in heaven!"

St. Peter says, "Oh, no, no, Master Chief... you've got it all wrong. It's Wednesday night. And on Wednesdays, God likes to pretend He's a Navy fighter pilot."

flybywire
01-22-2004, 22:45
Originally posted by Santa CruZin
F-16? You switch services? Maybe the F-16N (assuming it was realized)? If so, gotta link?

Other way around: Air Force career, including 3 yr Marine exchange tour at MCAS Beaufort. That was a good guess, though.