Fun Thread: Okay, who names their hunting decoy(s)? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fun Thread: Okay, who names their hunting decoy(s)?

Michigun
01-09-2004, 14:52
So, who here names their decoy(s)?

I have a name for my doe decoy… I call her “Tricksy”.

#1 is because she tricks those deer with her good looks & #2 is because she’s “a little loose with her stuff”… a “working girl” if you would.

One of my favorite hunting spots is at a corner of some old intersecting two tracks… I really like to use Tricksy there because of the visibility. I guess you could call me her pimp, eh?

(“Widowmaker” or “The Whitetail Widow” would be some other good names, but they just aren’t as fun…)

;f

OH37
01-10-2004, 22:04
I've never named a decoy, but you made me remember a funny story from 8 or 9 years ago. We drug a full-alert, large Mackenzie target back into the woods and set it up smack dab in the middle of a major deer runway. I was videoing for a buddy, so we got all of this on film. We sat for around 1 1/2 hrs., and 8 does/fawns were coming right down the trail. When the lead doe got about 50 yds. from the decoy, she spotted it and came unglued! It's funny if you think about it. Okay, your the big, dominant doe in the area. Maybe 120 to 130 lbs. You're leading the way for the lesser 7 deer. All of a sudden you look up and there stands a 175 lb. behemoth doe at full alert staring right at you! They all scattered, and the big doe was outa there... To finish the story, Two of the lesser does came on in, and my buddy shot and missed three times!(All 3 shots were inside 10yds.) On the 4th. and final arrow, He put a fatal shot on the doe. His excuse was that his fingers were too cold. ;Q
Thanks Michigun for helping me bring this good memory back...

WalterGA
01-10-2004, 23:43
Oh, crap! I thought this was one of those Tom Spasky threads! ;)

C9X19
01-11-2004, 15:00
LOL

Michigun
01-12-2004, 08:13
Originally posted by WalterGA
Oh, crap! I thought this was one of those Tom Spasky threads! ;)

No 14 year olds here... besides, it's spelled “Splasky”. ;f

CanyonMan
01-16-2004, 13:56
Michigun,

Hey my friend. Never named one, but i do have a real nice mallard decoy that we cut a hole in the top of his back, and filled it with potting soil, and placed a cactus plant in. I guess you could say he is 'Retired!' :)

I can't believe i wrote this !

CanyonMan

nyredneck
01-25-2004, 21:52
sure, they all have names when I'm lugging them the few miles to my favorite hunting sight, I just can't print them on GT!;f