Real "butcher shop" open for biz in my town!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Real "butcher shop" open for biz in my town!!!

Dogbite
01-11-2004, 21:39
I went in to check it out--this guy knows his steaks!! Ages the meat,cant wait to throw some on the grill!!!

norm357
01-12-2004, 09:51
Are you close to Atlanta? I am willing to dive out of my way to go to a good butcher.

mhambi
01-12-2004, 09:59
No way!

I would love to find a 'real butcher shop'.

I'm tired of the hacks at the so called meat counter.

lwt210
01-12-2004, 11:25
We got a little old timey grocery store here in town that has a GREAT meat dept. Old timey cuts of meat.

But pricey though. You get what you pay for.

Cali-Glock
01-12-2004, 13:15
We have an AWESOME butcher shop!! Some stuff is slightly more expensive than the grocery store, but other stuff is less expensive. The quality is awesome; the folks there are real friendly and they know their stuff. I love their homemade sausages - best I have ever had.

Dogbite
01-12-2004, 20:27
I am in Hiram georgia--west of Powder Springs--Its called Browns family meats.It is located in the "old" part of hiram--near the bridge on 92.

mtnflk75
01-12-2004, 20:43
Hey Cali-Glock,
That sounds like my butcher in Kernville, Jim Duran at the James Store.

Cali-Glock
01-13-2004, 10:05
Originally posted by mtnflk75
Hey Cali-Glock,
That sounds like my butcher in Kernville, Jim Duran at the James Store.

Hey Mtnflk75:

Nope; I am a ways north of you. My butcher is Scalasies in Diamond Springs (outside Placerville). I love visiting Kernville and the surounding areas... though from what I have seen Kernville proper, (like the whitewater towns near me,) is a bit nuts when the river rats are in town! (Hey as an occasoinal river rat myself I have to be careful of slandering them too much! ;) )

Placerville and the immediatate surrounding towns are too crowded for me; where I live causes those in Placerville to think I am nuts for living so far out in the boonies! (Not that far really - only 30-45 minute drive to Placervile depending on the weather and the sanity of the driver.)

Bill D
01-18-2004, 17:30
Norm
Try Shield's Meat Market near Emory University in the CVS drug store. Was in Decatur by the Square for years. You'll be happy!