Unarmed training ideas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed training ideas

DepDuke
01-12-2004, 19:09
For those of you that may be in the Northeast, close to Rochester, NY:
Rochester Defensive Pistol Associates is bringing 'Insights Training'(www.insightstraining.com) out of Belleview, Washington to their facility in Rochester for a self protection course called " Unarmed Self Defense I". The course description is as follows:

This is the self defense system taught to U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets). This is a coherent system of techniques selected for their simplicity, effectiveness, and ease of learning.
At the end of this course you will be able to stun and disable an attacker of greater size and strength than yourself and escape to safety.
This course is a excellent choice for both those that are unwilling or cannot carry a firearm and for those that need to augment their firearms skills. If you carry a gun, learn how to not have to use it!
Topics include: Physical and psychological stress reactions. Incident avoidance and prevention. legal considerations. Combat mindset. Natural body weapons. Striking principles. Vital target selection. Control of space, time, and distance. Defense against punches and kicks. Defenses against hold, grabs, arm bars. and bear hugs. Also included are ground fighting and defense against multiple attackers. Students will progress from doing techniques "in the air", against striking bags, to doing them against a fully padded attacker.
This simple system will give you fight stopping techniques that will work regardless of your size, strength or physical condition.

“The idea of actually learning how to keep my head in a confrontation and use the techniques I learned to survive an attack was great enough, but then having the chance to practice those techniques was even better. I have a new mindset, not “cocky” but more confident, and with new skills that can save my life.” - Gail S.

This is a very good course for learning how to handle yourself when there may be a problem and the use of a firearm is not warranted.

If you are interested, contact me at: RDPACCSHOOT@yahoo.com for more information or to register