Goin' hog hunting! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Goin' hog hunting!

Roger C
01-14-2004, 10:52
A friend and I are making plans to go hunt boar in a few weeks, I am so stoked! I didn't get a chance to do any hunting this past fall, and am really looking forward to it. Here's the place we are going: White Oak Hunting (http://www.whiteoakhunting.com/)

I can already taste all that good barbeque.... :)

Michigun
01-14-2004, 12:22
And the weapon will be? You can't just leave us hanging like that. ;)

Seaworm
01-14-2004, 12:26
Just got back from dove hunting in South Texas - saw some damn big hogs down there. Best of luck Roger!

Roger C
01-14-2004, 15:05
Sorry, Michigun, I'm taking my Rem 700 (ADL Synthetic, .30-'06), and a Rem 870 slug gun. No handguns this time. My partner is a serious bow hunter, and will likely bring his slug gun, too.

I'm just excited about the chance to get out there. Paper targets get boring as heck after a while. ;a

Seaworm, how was your luck? I haven't talked to anybody who was dove hunting up here in Virginia, did you have some success?

Seaworm
01-14-2004, 15:19
Roger,

We faired pretty well, especially for this time of year. I agree with you about the paper targets (or clay targets for that matter). It's nice to get out and do something different every once in a while. Is turkey season still open where you are? And, can you shoot one if you get the chance?

Best,
Jason

7mmmag
01-14-2004, 15:19
Looks like some realy BIG hogs there! I'm envious.Good luck, Roger mmmmmbarbecue!!;)

Roger C
01-16-2004, 07:51
Seaworm,
Might get a chance at turkeys this Spring, but it depends on whether I can find a location to hunt. I've never hunted turkey before, but I'd sure like to give it a try!