AFOQT and PCSM tests - WHERE? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AFOQT and PCSM tests - WHERE?

C150J
01-14-2004, 18:07
Hey fellas,

This is probably a moronic question, but before calling a recruiter, I thought I'd ask it here. Where and how often are the AFOQT and PCSM tests offered?

FYI - thanks for all the posts concerning ANG pilot slots, guys. Turns out that my local unit (F-16s) holds a UPT pilot board annually, and they want my application for the spring (why I need the AFOQT and PCSM)! I know this doesn't mean ANYTHING, but they sounded enthusiasic about my flying and education. I didn't want to ask too many "no-brainer" questions, so when they told me I'd need the scores, I just complied, figuring I could get the information elsewhere.

Thanks!
J.

01-14-2004, 19:48
I'd say just call the recruiter, and ask. They should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Just be careful what you sign.;)

20pilot
01-14-2004, 19:51
I have no idea what AFOQT and PCSM tests are, but here’s some insight into your posting. You may have hurt your chances at the interview by not asking "no-brainer" followup questions. When interviewing, I will try and slip in a few questions about a completely made up subject, but ask them in a way that it comes across that I would be shocked if the interviewee did not know about the subject. If the person does not ask me what I am talking about, I know that this is someone who is not comfortable admitting when they are in over their heads and asking for help. That counts very very strongly against them. My experience comes from the civilian non-aviation world, but it might have been used on you in this interview.

C150J
01-14-2004, 20:02
20Pilot --

I appreciate your advice, but I knew these tests existed well before speaking to my local unit. The AFOQT and PCSM are the two main scores that go in your application package. I just don't know where and when to take them as of now, and felt that it was not the appropriate time to ask.

I should also add that this was just a brief correspondence, not an interview (although I know every interaction counts!).

If they ask me where the ITT gauges are on the Mooney I fly, I'll know something's up:)

Thanks though!
J.

sopdan
01-15-2004, 20:44
Definately don't quote me on this, but I think that you may take the AFOQT at the recruiters office, but I really don't know.

For a better source of info, try the forums at:
baseops.net (http://www.baseops.net) (link to the forums is near the bottom) and airforceots.com (http://www.airforceots.com)

dlupini
01-18-2004, 22:25
don't forget to take the BAT..