Jerky [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jerky

GNut76
01-18-2004, 01:16
Does anybody know of a good, but affordable jerky on the market here in Kentucky?? I'm a little too lazy to make my own. I like the Nuge's stuff but have a hard time finding it. :cool:

hidden_19
01-19-2004, 13:14
I think its Ortiz or Ortega which can be forund in most groccery stores, its pretty good. Buying jerky can be very expensive after awhile. Thats why i started making my own, more meat for the buck.

Clyde
01-29-2004, 16:00
Don't know if you tried these guys or Not but the are in KY

Mingua Brothers - All Natural Beef Jerky (http://www.minguabeefjerky.com/page5.html)

Good stuff :)

The show retail sites in Louisville

noway
01-30-2004, 08:38
jerky questions:

Folks that make their own jerky do you add any preservative to extend the storage life?

My dad sent me some Elk jerky before christmas and I had whole bag of moldy jerky after about 4 days. I only got about 3 or 4 sticks eaten and had to throw the rest of it away.

also how much does it cost to make 16oz of jerky on avg? I'm trired of running to walmart an buying 4oz bags at over $4.00 for some peppered beef jerky.

DWavs
02-03-2004, 21:04
Originally posted by noway
jerky questions:

Folks that make their own jerky do you add any preservative to extend the storage life?

My dad sent me some Elk jerky before christmas and I had whole bag of moldy jerky after about 4 days. I only got about 3 or 4 sticks eaten and had to throw the rest of it away.

also how much does it cost to make 16oz of jerky on avg? I'm trired of running to walmart an buying 4oz bags at over $4.00 for some peppered beef jerky.

I vacuum seal my deer jerky in serving size bags and freeze it. Then I pull it out as I need it. It has a freezer life of 2 years vacuum sealed.