Low carb [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Low carb

RWBlue01
01-18-2004, 19:28
I am doing the low carb diet and loosing weight.

Who out there is doing the low carb diet also?

What have you found to satisfy the need for something different?

Vitamin G
01-19-2004, 06:11
I went from 255lbs to 230lbs in about 45 days on the low carb diets. I found that it was MUCH easier to start when I was away from home (no kitchen readily available) and went out to eat every night. I was in chicago for a paintball tournament, and just ended up eating steak every night.

I'm a huge fan of steak. You might try coating it with a layer of crushed black pepper... its like breading a chicken, but with red meat. Gets a little spicy, somewhat unlike pepper after its cooked.

Also a big fan of italian sausage and hot sausage for a nice "to-go" snack. Its like a hotdog, without the bun (and delicious)

I ended up getting off the diet when i hit 229, and went back up to 243 a month later... Needless to say I'm back on it as of last saturday. Its not a hard diet to do if you're motivated, but I have to complain about the expense. Buy 3 double cheeseburgers for lunch because you can't eat the bread ;Q

darin2
01-19-2004, 19:24
Here's a forum with alot of info on low carb and the Atkins diet.

I've lost 70lbs in 4 months on Atkins.

Atkins Bulletin Board (http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/index.php)

Alsatian
01-20-2004, 17:15
An alternative to the Atkins diet is the "Carbohydrate Addicts Diet." It is not as carbohydrate restrictive as Atkins. Basically no carbs during the day at all, evening meal (dinner) consists of a typical "balanced" meal, all courses must be consumed within 60 minutes, including dessert, beer, etc. My wife lost 70 Lbs in 6 months and went from a size 16 to a 4. For snacks, she just ate Atkins protein bars. Also, one of the keys to this diet (and all diets) working properly is high water comsumption. The more water you drink the more weight you'll lose. My wife drank at least 80 oz/day, sometimes a gallon. Much to my surprise (and opposition), she did very little physical exercise (walking the dogs, etc.)

Good luck with the diet.