Swordfish Recipes?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish Recipes??

LordOfTheRing
01-21-2004, 08:02
Anyone have some swordfish recipes to try? I bought some frozen swordfish the other day, and want to know some good recipes for it.

The rules:

No mayonaise, mustard, vinegar, salad dressing, or the like. I won't eat the stuff.

Bring on the recipes!

noway
01-21-2004, 08:49
Swordfish is my #3 fish in ranking ( salmon and dolphin are my #1&2)

I like to smoke swordfish with hickery wood and coat the fish with a light olive oil or butter with a twrist of lemon or sour orange juice. A little sprinkle or thyme and served with pasta makes for a good meal.

If you bake it, you can do the same above light olive/butter and thyme and maybe turn the fish over one time and bake no longer than 30-35mins@375degs. Don't try to over cook it or cook it over a low heat since it will dryout. Great fish and very good and flavorfull.

Garweh
01-21-2004, 15:10
Rub the swordfish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on high over a preheated grill for about 3 minutes per side (assuming 1 to 1.5 inch thick steaks) for medium. Serve with homemade salsa (tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, garlic, serrano chilis, habanero chilis, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice). YUM!!!

mhambi
01-21-2004, 15:24
Seared with cracked black peppercorn and lime.

Cajun
01-22-2004, 20:47
grilled and basted(sp?) with a butter, garlic and lemon sauce

I forgot the garlic!

lethal tupperwa
01-23-2004, 11:17
cut thawed pieces in to 1/2inch thick slices.

Heat olive oil in a frying pan and then add fennel seeds place the fish on top of the seeds. Salt and pepper turn when the (cooked color) is hafe way up the slice.

In a hot pan this should me a minute or two the slice is thin.

Serve by pouring some of the oil and seeds over for a sauce.